February 18, 2012

Today was another day of relaxing and doing things that we want to do, but only if we really want to do them. Linda came in at about 8:45 this morning and I picked her up at the airport. Jason stayed back in bed, and Tom, the nurse support person, was there with him. Linda and I went to breakfast, and then went and bought a hammer. She has been after me to get a hammer for weeks now, so I guess it was time to get one. She is interested in putting some things up on the walls, and having a hammer does make it easier - trying to drive even a small nail with a knife or spoon really isn't the best idea. I know a bunch of you are out there saying she's right, and I'm not arguing with that, I just wanted to be sure that when the hammer was purchased it was done with Linda around - didn't want to get the wrong hammer... ;-)

This afternoon we all went out and did a little shopping for Jason, as he wanted to get an entertainment center for the front room. Something to put his television on, and to hold some of the things he has sitting around in the front room, sitting on tables. We found a nice cabinet that is a good height for him, where he can reach just about every place, with only a couple of small areas on the bottom that are out of his reach - at this time. As he gets better with his rehab, and further along with his healing I would think that he will be able to get to all places on the cabinet. It is supposed to arrive sometime late, tomorrow morning

Tonight was another first, for the house. We all sat out in the front room and watched a movie. The movie was Sahara, with Matthew McConaughey and Penelope Cruz, and it was the first time I'd seen it. We had a great time just relaxing together and talking about the movie as it went along (yeah, we talked during the movie - we don't do it at theaters though). After the movie we all decided it was time to just do a little clean up (put a few things away) and then go to bed (well, I came up to do the blog post). And that about does it for today...

Thank you, for all the continued support and prayers. We're making progress, even if sometimes it seems slow, it is still progress.

Comments

  1. Yah! You got a hammer :)

    Glad Linda made it down safely and you had a nice evening. Fun to have a place to put stuff and I bet the entertainment center looks really nice. Are you getting a desk too?

    Bums me out that the infection is lingering but I guess this is just how it is going to go for now. I would think staying down off the wounds would help.

    Here's a happy note: Pitchers and Catchers went to Spring Training today :)

    I'm praying alot.
    Love the Clan of the Ross Folks,
    All our best,
    Karen & Rob
    Livermore Friends

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you two were able to have breakfast together! Had to laugh about the hammer! Definitely useful!
    Am so blessed to be able to pray for your family!
    Psalms 31:14-16 But I trusted in thee, O LORD: I said, Thou art my God. My times are in thy hand: deliver me from the hand of mine enemies, and from them that persecute me. Make thy face to shine upon thy servant: save me for thy mercies' sake.
    Prayer Bears
    My email address

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

10 Alive Day (10 Years after the blast)