February 24, 2012

I woke up this morning at about 04:00, not because I needed to, but because I was so worried about over sleeping, I woke up early, and then couldn't get back to sleep. I finally got up and got ready for my flight up to Oakland. The flight was uneventful, just the way I like them, and I was back up in Livermore by about 10:00. We had a couple of things to do, before leaving, so we didn't get out on the road until almost 10:45, then drove back down to San Diego. The drive really wasn't bad, and the traffic was only an issue for a 10 mile stretch through Los Angeles. Originally I had told Jason we would try to get back by 19:00 (7pm), but due to a few things happening we did not arrive until 19:45, so it wasn't too bad. Within a few minutes of getting here we were off to go have dinner. Jason hadn't eaten and neither had we, so we were all hungry... we went to the Olive Garden.

Jason had treatment with Wound Care and with Physical Therapy. From what he has told me, and from what I was able to hear when I called him, it sounded like he got a good work out, and that's what I like to hear. The Wound Care treatment went well also. The nurse wanted to try a new type of pad, to see if that would help with some of the drainage as well as comfort for Jason. Over the next day or two Jason will be making an assessment.

Otherwise, there really wasn't much more to talk about today. I had made arrangements to have people here with Jason, for as long as I was going to be gone, and it all worked out well. Thank you, for all your continued prayers and support.


  1. Glad to hear to made it safely back down to San Diego. Have a nice weekend!

    Give Jason and the girls a hug from me.

    All our best,
    Karen & Rob
    Livermore Friends


Post a Comment

January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

September 12, 2012 Blog post 525 (for those keeping score)

May 6, 2014