February 25, 2012

Last night we were up a bit later than usual, and it was a busy day for all of us, so we all managed to sleep in some today. Sleeping in for Jason and I means not having to start moving about until after 07:00. Still, he has the 06:30 meds to take, but he doesn't have to do much of anything else, at least not for a little while.

We really didn't have anywhere special to go today, and other than unload the truck, there wasn't any scheduled or planned activity that needed to be done. I made some oatmeal (with raisins) for breakfast, and afterward went out and unloaded the truck. Linda provided a bunch of help, and we were able to get it all done in less than an hour. Of course that didn't include the time it is taking to put things away, and that could take days. The girls are coming back to the house tomorrow night so we want to have most of it done before they get here.

One of the big things brought down from Livermore, for me, was my bike. I did get a short chance to ride it today, and I figure I'll be getting to ride it a little more each day, until I'm back up to longer rides, like I was doing before. The big challenge right now is finding places to ride. It would be great if we had the Iron Horse Trail equivalent around here. I found that since it has been about a year since being on a bike, my bottom didn't feel as good as I thought it might... ;-) That's okay, I can rebuild my tolerance slowly. One of the things we need to follow up on is the status of Jason's hand bike. We haven't heard anything in a while, so I will be reaching out to my contact and getting an update.

Tonight we watched The Princes Bride, and that is one of those movies you can see over and over, and not get too tired of it. I guess, that's as long as you have some time space between each viewing. We actually ate dinner while watching and enjoyed all the humor and story that it had. Now we're getting ready for bed, and tonight we'll be sleeping a little earlier than last night.

Thank you, all for all your continued support and prayers.

Comments

  1. Glad you made it okay! If you drove anywhere near LA that would throw off any timing! Not sure where you are in San Diego but I think you can bike at Lake Murray. Used to go there all the time when I went down to see my Dad. Just can't remember if it's for biking or walking. You could just put biking trails in a search engine for San Diego. There's a lot of purdy areas there!
    Stopping by to let you know that you're always in my thoughts and prayers!
    Psalms 91:1-2, 4 He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust. (4) He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler.
    Prayer Bears
    My email address

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Morning George, Linda, and Jason,

    I have heard you mention so many times George about your oatmeal with raisins breakfast. Would love to know what your secret is. I love oatmeal and I love raisins. Glad your trip was good and you made it back to Jason as quickly as you could. You are wonderful parents.

    Eileen
    Marine Mom
    Danville, CA

    ReplyDelete
  3. "No more rhymes and I mean it!"
    "Anybody want a peanut?"
    LOVE that movie! Thank you for keeping the blog updated. So glad you got your bike, George! Hoping you and Jason can get some riding time in eventually... You're in my thoughts,
    Jennifer' Geiger

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

10 Alive Day (10 Years after the blast)