February 21, 2012

Jason's IV treatment is almost over... One more tomorrow evening and that will be the last of it - I think. I always have to put in the caveat, because with medicine it is both science and art, and sometimes things happen that are not expected. Still,I will remain optimistic, and believe that tomorrow will be the last one. Actually, we will be meeting with the doctor at about 11:00, and discussing this and a number of other issues. I spoke briefly with the doctor today, and because it was brief we just sort of "brushed" over some of the issues, and we will delve into them more tomorrow. While I was talking with the doctor Jason was at his OT appointment and had a great session. We talked about it a little while afterward and he said he was glad that it was set up the way it is. Most of the work was on his hands and arms, and therefore it was at this almost circular table. Also at this table were other Wounded Warriors, all receiving their treatment, and it effectively turned into a social gathering for the guys, while the therapists worked on the individual arms and hands. I think the social side of the visit is as good for Jason, and the others, as is the therapy that is given out.

We got up this morning, knowing that we had an appointment, a little later in the morning, so we folded some clothes that Mom, Linda, has washed while she was here. I actually did almost all the folding, while Jason did some directing and assisting with where to place some of the clothes, and even on which of the clothes should be kept or thrown out for rags. Unfortunately (maybe fortunate) there weren't too many rags, so we won't have many in the garage for any projects we get into. We still have some cleaning and boxes to empty from the garage, so we don't have to worry about that right now.

After the appointment Jason wanted to head over to the barber, to get another hair cut - wants to look like a Marine - then we headed back to the house. We had some leftovers for lunch and then just kicked back for the rest of the day. Yesterday Jason had purchased a power strip to hook up some of his electronic equipment (XB0x to the T.V. and stuff), and when I went into his room I noticed that it was just laying on the floor. I asked what was wrong and he said it was non-functional, and he was a bit irritated with that. He also said he still had the receipt so I said I would take it back and get another. I went to the store and picked up a new one, and brought it right back. It took me about two minutes to get everything hooked up, and then another five minutes to cycle through a couple of boot cycles, and then everything was working again, the way he wanted it, with the surge protector-power strip.

Not much else going on today, and dinner was pretty simple. We had hot dogs with baked beans. I'm making a stew tomorrow. I think that will be a meal for a couple of days, if I do it right. Thank you, all for all your continued prayers and support as we go along this journey.


  1. Hope this beautiful Gospel passage gives you comfort! Lifting up prayers right now!
    Titus 3:4-7 But after that the kindness and love of God our Saviour toward man appeared, Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost; Which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour; That being justified by his grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life.
    Prayer Bears
    My email address

  2. George, what a wonderful Father you are! May God give you health and strength. Jason is in my prayers for continued healing. God bless the Ross family.
    Paula Gentile, friend of Carol and Tom Hall, from Pasadena, Maryland


Post a Comment

January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

September 12, 2012 Blog post 525 (for those keeping score)

May 6, 2014