February 29, 2012 - Happy Leap Day

The way I feel right now it must have been a leap day for sure. The day started early, with me leaving for Los Angeles at 08:30 and not getting back until 15:10. I went up there to pick up Jason's truck, the one he had before the injury. It is VERY unlikely that he'll ever drive it again, but he feels better knowing that it is in his garage again, and he isn't worried that something might happen to it. There was a problem with getting it started so AAA was called and the guy who came out was great. He took a look at the truck, found out what the problem was and corrected it in less than an hour. There was a need for a new battery, and he was able to provide one for a reasonable price (he wasn't pushy at all and in fact I was pushing him, if anything to get the battery). I was able to spend a little time with my son David and his family, and even played with my grandson Dylan for a little while. I couldn't have asked for it to be any better. David bought us all lunch, and after we finished eating I was back on the road, with Jay, the Marine who brought me up, following close behind. Traffic wasn't bad in either direction, though there were pockets, so we completed the journey in about the time I expected.

Jason had a couple of appointments today, and picked up an additional appointment for tomorrow. Its with wound care so we don't mind, just wish they were all a little closer together. But the big thing that happened for Jason wasn't even his truck showing up... it was his hand-crank bike was delivered today, and it dind't come until we were all at home. It came via Conway Trucking and the drive was a great guy as he brought it to the door and then helped me get it into the house. I think he figured out we were happy to see it, since everybody was pretty excited to see it. Jason still won't be riding it for a few months (my guess), until his wounds are healed up and we can figure out what kind of seat he'll be getting. I need to send a special thank you out to Team E.X.T.R.E.A.M, and GynSgt Matt Small, for sticking with this, and getting it to us. I know there were some challenges and they didn't let them stop it from happening. As soon as it is assembled I'll take a picture of it and get it posted.

Not much else going on. I'm hoping the rest of the week is a little more relaxed, though I know how things go. Thank you, all for all your prayers and continued support.


  1. Glad to hear your day went well and with Jason's also. Pretty cool that the new bike showed up. I think it would be pretty awesome to post a video of George, Jason, and the little girls riding their bikes down the street!!

    I hope there aren't too many appts. tomorrow so that SSgt.Jason can rest those wounds.

    I am praying that his infection is gone forever and he can move on to the next challenge.

    Give everyone a hug from me,
    All our best,
    Karen & Rob
    Livermore Friends

  2. Know that I'm continuing to pray!
    Isaiah 25:4 For thou hast been a strength to the poor, a strength to the needy in his distress, a refuge from the storm, a shadow from the heat, when the blast of the terrible ones is as a storm against the wall.


Post a Comment

January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

September 12, 2012 Blog post 525 (for those keeping score)

May 6, 2014