February 10, 2012

Well, Jose was back on duty today and both Jason and I were happy to see him. He just wasn't up to it yesterday, and it is probably better that he didn't come in, as I don't want any sickies around. Speaking of sickies being around - both girls have been going to the drop-in day care all this week and have not picked up any bugs to share. This is both a wonderful happening, and it has been a very good experience for them . They both enjoy going to day care and interacting with the other kids. The social aspect is something they both need.

We got up at about our usual time and then had breakfast. Jose came in at his regular time and we just hung around the house for a little while. Jason had an appointment at 10:00 so we had some time to just goof off a bit. We loaded the van up and headed off to the hospital, and day care. As it turned out the proximity of the day care and Jason's appointment couldn't have been planned much better. We actually got to the appointment about 25 minutes early, and then they took him in early.

The appointment was good on many levels. Jason's wounds were looking so much better now; a new treatment was applied to the wounds; and, it gave Jose an opportunity to actually see what Jason's wounds looked like, rather than just talk about them. The a-cell treatment was applied again and the nurse and doctor were very pleased with how everything thing looked (as was I). The only "down", if you want to call it that, was that Jason was feeling a little pain on his left side after the visit, and it made the ride home a little more uncomfortable.

Because Jose was here I was able to take off for a couple of hours and do a few things, and then came back to go get the girls. Once I was back home, and then Jose left we kicked back and watched Sponge Bob Square Pants (I think that was only the second time that I actually sat down and watched it - I still think its nuts). The next thing I know is that its time for dinner and so I put the rice cooker on; get the broccoli going; and finally put the salmon in the oven. Dinner was quite good, if I do say so myself. The last thing for the evening was the girls bath, and then they were off to bed. All together I'd have to say it was a good day.

Thank you, for all your prayers and support, and for staying with us over these past several month


  1. So happy the wounds are looking better but sorry for the pain on the left. I hope he is feeling better tomorrow!! Please keep off those wounds and get them all healed up, Mr. Jason.

    If you can post more pics of the fam and little girls please do!

    Enjoy your weekend,
    All our best,
    Karen & Rob
    Livermore Friends

    PS The gal at Oceanic sends her regards!


Post a Comment

January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

September 12, 2012 Blog post 525 (for those keeping score)

May 6, 2014