February 2, 2012 - Happy Ground Hog Day

According to the movie, "Groundhog Day" nothing ever changes, except for the main character (Bill Murray), and this just repeats over and over again. Well, that is definitely not the way it is with Jason and me, now down here in San Diego. Each day brings something new and sometimes very exciting to get involved with, like today.

Today was Jason's first full day back at the house and he got up for a little while, so that we could have breakfast together (we had oatmeal with raisins - pretty tasty actually). Afterward he went back to the bed and laid back down, and I was happy about that. He has been riding in his power chair more, and I've put his seat from the manual chair where the form-fitting seat was. It seems to be more comfortable, so we will stick with it for now. As soon as we can get with Van again, I'll find out what it going to be done about the seat that doesn't work.

After he was in bed for awhile, David, his brother, showed up and it was really good to see him. We visited for a little bit, then since it was afternoon, he took us to lunch. We went and had Mexican food, at a nice restaurant, and the funny thing is that we all ordered the same thing. That doesn't happen very often. When the server came he said, "Wow, that's easy." We had one small errand to take care of then headed back over to the house, so Jason could get back into bed. I took a quick look at the wound dressings and they looked pretty good, so I felt good that we hadn't been out too long. Tomorrow morning we both have appointments at the Naval hospital, and they're early, though not too early. Jason's appointment is with the wound care nurse and I'm going to go talk to someone to learn how to relax a little better. Everybody thinks I'm working too hard so I've finally agreed to go talk to somebody about it.

The girls came for a visit tonight, and that made Jason feel good. He misses his girls, and the events of this past week kind of prevented him from being able to see them. They'll be coming back to the house tomorrow, and staying with us for all of next week, and that will be really good for Jason (me too). It was a lot of fun having them here tonight, and they seemed to have almost as much fun as we did. The fact that Uncle David was here too made it all that much better. David did finally have to leave, and then the girls left about an hour after that.

Now, I"m up here trying to get the blog finished. I gave Jason his meds, and even helped with his I.V. antibiotic. I will be doing it completely on my own tomorrow, as today there was a nurse who came in to show me how it is supposed to be done. He was a pretty cool guy and does things a little different from how they nurses in the hospital. Jason will be getting the I.V. for three weeks, and then he should be in much better shape, and he should be able to begin to crank up his rehab work and get that going again.

Thank you, all for all your support and all your prayers. I wish there were an easy way for me to personally thank each and everyone of you, though I don't even know all your names. Believe me, you are appreciated.

Comments

  1. YAY!! Sounds like a great day!! I'm SO GLAD. I've been very worried. I am SO VERY GLAD to hear that you will be learning new ways to de-stress. This is very, very, important for caretakers. I hope that you follow through with what you learn Corpsman George. We know where you live.......

    All our best,
    Karen & Rob
    Livermore, Ca.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're definitely going through so much, George! Your whole life's been turned upside down! Am so glad that you're getting the help you need, too!
    Know that you're always in my thoughts and prayers!
    Philippians 4:6-7 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
    Prayer Bears
    My email address

    ReplyDelete
  3. George, you're in my prayers for peace and strength. It's great you're seeking help. Happy to see that the girls are back for a visit. I know that they must add so much to Jason's and your life. God bless you all.
    Paula Gentile, friend of Carol and Tom Hall, from Pasadena
    Maryland.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Guys!
    Just wanted to wish you all a wonderful weekend from all of us here at Diamond Learning Center! Hope you enjoy the BIG Game!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

10 Alive Day (10 Years after the blast)