February 13, 2012

Today was a pretty good day for Jason, and a rather unusual one for me. One of the ideas that has been talked about is having the Marines transport Jason to his daily appointments, both to and from the hospital. This is to allow me some free time, and even a chance to possibly go out and once again find employment (I have a few years left before retirement, and quite frankly I enjoy doing my job - IT project management). Well, today was the first day of this new routine, and it worked great for Jason; and, it felt a little strange for me. For right now I chase them to the Naval Hospital and back again, and I still spend the most of the day with him, but it just felt a little strange.

Jason's appointments were without any special updates, other than all is going well, and they want to see him back next week. Actually, as he regains his lead on the healing part, and his wounds are once again cooperating as they should, he will be having several appointments every week with OT and PT. For now though he will be going in only a few times this week and next week.

Otherwise, not much to report on for today. We'll probably go shopping tomorrow, as we're running low on some food, but that's about all. Not until his I.V. treatments are all done will he be able to venture out for a movie or something like that. Thanks, for all your continued support and prayers.
.

Comments

  1. Hope you can find a job! You guys need more "normal" in your lives.
    Continuing to pray!!!!
    Psalms 46:7, 10-11 The LORD of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our refuge. Selah.(10-11) Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth. The LORD of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our refuge. Selah.
    Prayer Bears
    My email address

    ReplyDelete
  2. One good day at a time, my friends. Sending you all hugs and prayers.

    Happy Valentine's Day!

    All our best,
    Karen & Rob
    Livermore Friends

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jason!
    A few of my Students are here with me and wanted to check up on you to make sure you were okay!
    Student George: "How are you?!? Hope you are getting stronger everyday!"
    Student Alicia: " I have been very worried about you my friend. Hope you had a nice Valentine's Day! I am SO happy you are doing SO well!"

    Well Buddy, hope the day goes smoothly. Here's to a great evening with your Dad, Mom, Stacy & Jackie!

    <3 your Friends at Diamond Learning Center

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey George and Jason- we sent a little box for the two of you...did it get there? Just wanted to check-
    cheers, Carol

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

10 Alive Day (10 Years after the blast)