Good day for Jason, in that we didn't do much. Part of the reason we didn't do much was that it was misting, or a lite sprinkle, and our previous plans to go have a barbecue didn't happen. We did get up moderately early, for a Sunday, and we had a quick cereal breakfast. I went for a short 12 mile bike ride that was pretty much flat, so not too strenuous, and it was cool out. I didn't mind the moisture in the air, as it helped to keep me cooler, yet the road surfaces were effectively dry. After I had my shower and got dressed, I helped Jason with his shower and then put on new dressings.

We ended up on going to meet Anthony at a nice restaurant by the boardwalk, and just enjoyed the conversation and visiting.  When we got back to the house I told Jason that I was going to have to still cook the chicken and sausages that I had taken out for the original barbecue. I actually and thawed them yesterday, so I didn't want them to go another day without being cooked. We ended up having some of it for dinner, and it was pretty good with rice and vegetables.

The rest of the day was doing laundry and watching the Giants beat the Dodgers. I got to watch most of the game so I felt pretty good. It was a sweep too, so I even felt better. I have to admit, though, that I am a bit disappointed by the Dodgers. Last year I expected them to put up a better run at the end, and they kind of just fell apart, and now they seem to be continuing the slide into this season. Thank you, for all your continued support and prayers for Jason and his healing. The wounds are giving us some extra challenges and I am hoping to get some better focus on it by the doctors and other medical folks. Take care and stay positive.

Comments

  1. Saw the end of the game today. Dodgers came so close to a big come back!
    Praying as always!
    Isaiah 55:6-11 Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near: Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts: and let him return unto the LORD, and he will have mercy upon him; and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon. For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater: So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.
    My email address

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

April 29, 2018

10 Alive Day (10 Years after the blast)