Today was a nice relaxed day, where Jason only had a couple of appointments, and we were back over to the house well before noon. We did stop by the Child Development Center, but both the girls were not there so we didn't stay very long. We were expecting a visit from Child Protection Services, as a case needs to be resolved/closed, but they called and said they would not be coming by today (actually it isn't a "they" it is a "she"), and would be by tomorrow. This was okay with us, but we would really liked to have gotten this out of the way. Jason has been talking to the lady on the phone, and she needs to verify with her eyes.

I did get a chance to go for a bike ride, and it was a little bit of a challenge. The wind was picking up and it seemed like it didn't matter what direction I was going, it was always against the wind. Fortunately there was some down hill, and yes, that also means there was uphill stretches. The ride was another 12 miler, and it took just under an hour to do it, so I figure I'm doing okay right now. I need to build up to 50+ mile rides, so that I can do the two-day ride when it finally gets here.

Jason wounds are actually looking a little better than they have, so I was particularly happy about that. The next steps we will be taking are going to be coming up in a matter of a few weeks, so better is good. He got a good nap in, mostly while I was riding and we also found out that there is a good chance that Larry, our in-home assistant, is coming back. This should allow me to take longer rides, and help me to not worry so much while I am out.

Tomorrow is going to be a busy day for us, so I don't think I'm going to be able to go out for another ride. We will again make an effort to see the girls, but we'll have to see how that goes. Thank you, for all the continued prayers and for all the support. Also, please pray for the girls, as I know they miss their daddy, and also pray for their mom. Take care and stay positive.

Comments

  1. Stopping by to let you know that you're always in my thoughts and prayers!
    Psalms 91:1-2, 4 He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust. (4) He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler.
    My email address

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

10 Alive Day (10 Years after the blast)

April 29, 2018