Jason had a great day with PT today. We even had a chance to play catch, with a 10lb ball (it was part of his shoulder work). We did get a chance to go see a few of the other folks we know here, and while we were out and about, we noticed that there are fewer people here now. That most of the guys that are still here are the ones who have the most severe wounds and such, and that several of them are Army. All these guys tend to support each other and have developed a bond, no doubt related to their injuries rather than their branch of service. I think all of them are E.O.D. as well but I haven't asked yet.

A couple of things were put in place today to make it more like it was, prior to the trip back out to Bethesda, and that was good to see. The closer we get back to the way it was, I think will be better for Jason and his healing process. We're looking forward to some of the next steps, as I talked a little about yesterday, but that looks like it is going to happen a couple of weeks down the road. Jason knows he is here for the long haul and that he won't be leaving the hospital area for well over a year, and perhaps two.

I was told, not too long ago, that I needed to be careful about some of the things I write in this blog, because my grand kids, more specifically my granddaughters, might end up reading it. Well, there isn't anything I've written that I would not want them to see, and if they are reading it I just want them to know that we love you and you are always in our thoughts and in our hearts. Daddy, Grandma and Grandpa miss you very much, as does the rest of the family.

Well, that just about does it for today, and tomorrow is going to be another exciting kind of day. I now have a hedge trimmer (Big Thank You to Trident Realty for the gift, and Mike thank you for the visit), so I can now get out there and finish what I was attempting to do by hand held clippers. It wasn't looking too bad, just that some of the places I just couldn't reach. The trimmer "extends" my reach a little farther. Thank you all for all the prayer support and take care and stay positive.

Comments

  1. All they'd be reading is how much Jason loves his girls and how hard you're fighting for them!
    Whatever the Lord allows to happen in your life, He'll get you through! Praying right now!
    Psalms 91:9-12 Because thou hast made the LORD, which is my refuge, even the most High, thy habitation; There shall no evil befall thee, neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling. For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways. They shall bear thee up in their hands, lest thou dash thy foot against a stone.
    My email address

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

April 29, 2018

10 Alive Day (10 Years after the blast)