Today was a totally relaxed day for Jason, though the morning started out a little on the confusing side. Initially we thought we were going to be needing to take Jackie in to see a doctor, scheduled appointment, but then found out we didn't need to. We had all gotten up early and had a quick breakfast and were ready to go, when the change came in. Actually, it worked out nicely for me, as it allowed me to get out early for a bike ride, and I did a quick 15 miler. What I really need to do is to find the time to get out and do a longer ride, and I hope I can do that tomorrow. I feel like I'm not making enough progress getting ready for the EOD Ride coming up in October, but I guess I still have some time to work on it.

Anyway, the day just kind of remained laid back after that and it was really nice. I guess because we all got up so early, around noon everybody decided to take a nap. Even Jackie was now with us, and Stacy was at Day Care, and she was ready to get some sleep. With everyone napping I decided it was an opportunity for me to head over to Anthony's place and pick up the ramps needed, to get the paramobile into and out of the truck. I went over and Anthony gave me some pointers on what to do and how to get the machine to work for me, rather than against me. He didn't charge me anything for the ramps, and they are nice folding ramps, so it was like an early birthday present for Jason.

I got back over to the house and shortly latter everyone, except Jackie was waking up. Josh came over to visit with Jason, and it was getting to be more of the "normal" type day. I finally went over to pick up Stacy, and the traffic was terrible. I was happy that I wasn't under any particular time schedule, and the traffic was moving, just crazy slow, along with some very discourteous drivers. Some folks get into a hurry and loose all their manners, and I guess I am even subject to that sometimes.

I barbecued some burgers, well I guess I should be saying grilled, and we had a very nice and simple dinner. Actually, Linda had purchased this little slider cooker, so I tried it on the grill and it worked great. We ended up with six sliders and three regular sized burgers. The sliders are all gone... ;-)

The girls all went down for bed with no trouble and then the day was over. Tomorrow is Jason's birthday. He will be 30 years old. When the first two, George and David, turned 30 I felt a little older, but this time, Jason is turning 30 and I am 60 (soon to be 61). I remember having a baby shower while working at National Semiconductor, for Jason. I had always thought women had baby showers, not guys, but there I was, and it turned out really nice. Anyway, happy birthday, Jason. You are an amazing young man and both Mom and Dad are very proud of you, and so glad that you're still here with us...we love you.

Thank you, for all the continued prayers and support, and take care and stay positive...

Comments

January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

10 Alive Day (10 Years after the blast)

April 29, 2018