Another good day for Jason, and it all started with the arrival of Linda. She came in at about 07:45, and we only had to circle around once to pick her up. As it was, we probably could have waited another 30 seconds and wouldn't have had to circle at all. Anyway, we picked her up and we went off to breakfast, and had a nice chance to just sit down and talk. After that we headed over to the base and went up to Dermatology where they removed the sutures from behind Jason's ear (that's where they took the skin for the skin growth experiment). That was a relatively quick appointment (total time 20 minutes in and out), so we next headed over to see CMDR Ledyard, who had gotten some supplies for us. She is our main point of contact for wound dressing supplies and does a very good job of making sure we don't have to wait too long for any of the items requested. She and Linda had a nice little visit, since they hadn't seen each other in several months, so it was a good visit from multiple angles. Jason also made a stop to speak with Dr. Kim, and that was a nice short visit too. From there we decided to head over to see the girls at day care.

Good thing we went over to the day care, because both Jason and I had forgotten about the luncheon that was going on today. It was their "end of year" celebration, and I had it in my head that it was next week. As it turned out, the celebration was just getting started. When we drove up, Jackie was out side with her class, and she saw us, so Linda and I went to see her while Jason went to go into Stacy's class. Linda and I were over at Jackie's class for several minutes and then finally went to go to Stacy's. The kids were all doing there special rock dance and having a great time. I was kind of bummed out because I didn't have my camera with me, so I attempted to take some pictures with my phone, and will have to figure out how to down load those so I can share them. After the dancing and some talking the lunch started, and there was a bunch of food brought in. Problem is that we were still pretty full from the big breakfast we had finished earlier. I had some fruit, as did Linda, and I think Jason didn't have anything. When it was all done we were given the news that we would be taking the girls home with us and they were going to be spending the weekend with us, until Monday evening. That was really a pleasant surprise, considering that we had nearly missed the event totally.

We also were able to make some solid plans about going up to see David and his family, so that we could all spend some time together. We plan on heading over to a nice park and letting the kids all go play with each other, and the adults are just going to relax and have a picnic. We got back to the house and everybody took a nap and the rest of the day was getting settled, and going shopping for some food. I grilled some hot dogs for dinner, along with a nice salad and some baked beans. The girls also had some fruit, and we were all pretty full by the time we were done. Grandma got to take the girls up for their bath and they were all excited about that (so was I). Bed time came and then the day was effectively over. Only thing left was the last little bit of clean up and then this blog to update. Thank you, for all your continued prayers and support, it truly is appreciated. Take care and stay positive.


January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

December 26, 2016

October 18, 2016

October 19, 2016