Today started out pretty good, we, Jason and I got up early so that he could get to formation, and then he had some appointments afterward. I fixed oatmeal for breakfast (it's fast and easy) and then we were on our way. I figured that while Jason was at his formation I could take care of a few personal things that I've been wanting to get out of the way, so I did, and then while he was in a training session I went to go get my hair cut. I feel soooo much better, now that I don't look like I just came down out of the mountains.

After all this we did his appointments, and then we spoke with a few folks about supplies. The great thing is that the supplies were all readily available, so we were able to bring them right home, except for the special tape that he likes to use. That was actually delivered a short while after we got home - pretty cool.

Jason decided that he wanted to go pick up the girls from day care, around 14:30 (2:30pm), as that was right after their naps, and still ahead of the heavy Friday traffic. The only glitch in this is that the girls were not at day care. They were not brought in today, according to the sign-in documents there. To say the least, Jason and I were disappointed, and a little concerned. There was no communication as to why they were not there, so we are in the dark about that. We are hoping that we can get to see them tomorrow as Stacy has a soccer game, and as far as Jason is aware the game is still on.

Next week we should be able to get in to see the doctors about the plastics work that Jason still needs to have done. It is always kind of interesting going into see these guys because they are both very interesting to talk with, as well as having a very broad span of knowledge. They are also both quite tall. My guess is that they are both about 6' 10", and both working in the same area. There is a new procedure they want to try on Jason that should provide some help with the generation of skin on the wounds, now called chronic wounds, since they've been around so long. We look forward to this dialog as Jason would really like to move on to a "next" stage in his recovery. Thank you, for all your continued prayers and support and take care and stay positive.

Comments

  1. Reading this on Saturday evening here in N. CA. The heat has been on high but the temps are supposed to break tomorrow. I hope you and Jason were able to see the girls today at Stacy's soccer game. I know what you mean about liking certain supplies. My brother in law is a paraplegic (13Yrs) and can be pretty particular on what he uses. I don't blame him. You know what works best. Best wishes and prayers for a peaceful weekend and a productive week.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

10 Alive Day (10 Years after the blast)