Today was a busy day for Jason and I, as we had to get started early with a formation with the Wounded Warrior Battalion, at the Naval Base. The really good part was that it was a pretty quick formation so Jason was back over to the van, and then we were off to do other things.

First we went over to OT (Occupational Therapy) to go say, "Hi!" to Lynn. I had left something in the van, so I told Jason to go ahead, and I'd meet him there. The funny thing is, as I was coming back into the building, Lynn was coming in also. Jason was already in the room when I walked in with Lynn and I think it surprised him a little. It was the first time we had see Lynn in several weeks, so it was good to get a chance to sit and talk with her for a few minutes. She wanted to know how things went on the trip to Livermore, and when was Linda coming back down. We didn't stay too long, as she was working, so we then headed over to PT (Physical Therapy). In this case though, Jason did have an appointment - we were just 30 minutes early. That worked out okay, as Mike was there and he was the one Jason has been working with for the past couple of weeks. Not sure where Dawn is, but I think she might be on vacation or something.

While in PT I guess we were being a little weird in that Jason had all the tools and weights he normally works with, but he was doing silly things with them. For instance, he would do his best to sit up straight and then reach over and attempt to pick up a 30 lb dumb bell and it would cause him to fall over. He thought this was the most fun thing to do over and over again. Marines have a very strange sense of humor.

Afterward, we were walking out in the court yard, heading over to the Dermatology area, where Jason is going to have a procedure done tomorrow, and he starts urging Gracie (his service dog) to start chasing a pigeon. Gracie went crazy, and was having all sorts of fun. She never got close to the bird but that didn't matter. It was the most fun the two of them have had yet. I can see her running more, once she gets more used to Jason, and he can let her off leash, in a field or dog park.

The rest of the day was spent filling out all the right forms to make sure it was going to be a relatively easy morning tomorrow. Tomorrow will probably be short entry in the blog, as the procedure is the only thing he is going to do. Thank you, all for all the continued prayers and support. Take care and stay positive.


  1. Continuing to pray so very hard!
    Psalms 28:1-2 Unto thee will I cry, O LORD my rock; be not silent to me: lest, if thou be silent to me, I become like them that go down into the pit. Hear the voice of my supplications, when I cry unto thee, when I lift up my hands toward thy holy oracle.
    My email address


Post a Comment

January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

September 12, 2012 Blog post 525 (for those keeping score)

May 6, 2014