Aside from his shower this morning, Jason has spent the day in bed, effectively resting up and allowing himself the chance to get ready for tomorrow. Tomorrow isn't anything special, other than being Memorial Day, recognized (I still feel the 30th is Memorial Day - but it doesn't always fall on a weekend, and we have to have a weekend!). We will be heading over to Anthony's for a barbecue and the three of us, Jason, Linda and me will spend a little relaxing time with him. The girls will be going back to their mom tomorrow morning, so it is a little bid of a sad day for us, though it has been a great 11 days.

I took Stacy over to the pool, here in the complex, as she has asked a couple of times about going over there. It is actually the first time, in all the time we've been here, that we went to the pool. It is nice in that it isn't any more than 4 ft. deep, with a large portion that is only 3 1/2 ft deep. Stacy stayed in the shallower portion and had a great time. That is until it was time to get out. The sun was going down and it was starting to cool off, and she didn't like the sudden 'cold' on her. I got her all wrapped up in a towel and then carried her back to the house. She talked about the pool with Daddy and Grandma for about 1/2 hour solid. Jackie didn't go to the pool, then again, she really hasn't shown any interest yet for getting into the water. I am guessing that perhaps in another year or so we'll be playing with her in the pool, too.

I did get out for a nice bike ride, early this morning, and rode with Mike and Kim, who came over to pick me up. Kim is one of the therapists from Occupational Therapy (OT) and Mike is her husband who recently returned from a deployment. They took me over to Coronado Island and then showed me this great trail that goes most of the way around the island, or completely around the bay. We ended up only going 17 miles, and when it was done I felt like a had a good ride. Both of them ride faster than me, but that's okay - I told them I'm not very fast, but I do keep going. I am thinking about going for another ride tomorrow, prior to going over to Anthony's, but it all depends on how I feel in the morning.

Thank you, all for all the continued support and prayers. I ask that you continue to keep those who risk their lives for us, in your prayers and to do all you can to support them, for what they do for us. Take care and stay positive.

Comments

  1. Sounds like a great ride! Know that I'll be thinking of Jason and your family so much tomorrow. You've all made such a huge sacrifice! Thank you doesn't even begin to cover it!
    Lifting up prayers!
    Psalms 57:1-2 Be merciful unto me, O God, be merciful unto me: for my soul trusteth in thee: yea, in the shadow of thy wings will I make my refuge, until these calamities be overpast. I will cry unto God most high; unto God that performeth all things for me.
    My email address

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

10 Alive Day (10 Years after the blast)