January 27, 2014

Today started out pretty much as normal, with the weather bouncing back and forth from nice to looking like it was going to rain. We headed over to the hospital at Balboa and Jason's formation. The formation was over and then he went on to his class. The class was over in about 30 minutes, so that didn't take much time at all. That's when things got a little different.

We went to see Nurse Practitioner Grainie and Jason needed his shot (he gets an injection every two weeks) of testosterone. While waiting there she asked me if I wanted to learn how to give the shots and I replied that it was up to Jason. I was comfortable doing it, if he was comfortable with me being the one doing it. I went through a short instruction on the types of needles and how to draw the fluid and on how to inject. Then I did it, and everything went fine. Now I have another talent to add to my list of things I've learned. It also helps us to be just a little more independent and not have to come in to get the shot.

The rest of the day was spent going to a restaurant for lunch (Hooters) and eating the wrong stuff. They had a special on Boneless Buffalo Wings, all you can eat, so Jason and I both took advantage of that special. Even though the price was reasonable, and Jason received an additional discount for being military, it was a bad deal for me, and I think Jason, too. I still feel like I have a brick in my stomach and didn't have anything for dinner, and Jason didn't want any dinner either. This isn't the first time we've eaten there, and have had good experience in the past; just this time it wasn't so good. Note to self, don't do that again...

The rest of the evening has been basically about laying around the house and recovering from lunch. Tomorrow there are a couple of small appointments, and then I think we're going over to see Anthony Netto. We haven't touched base with him in a couple of weeks, and we try to stay in touch since he and Jason seem to have hit it off pretty well. Thank you, for all the continued support and prayers. Take care and stay positive.

Comments

  1. Hope you both feel better tomorrow!
    Our only true hope is in the Lord! Know that I'm praying!
    Romans 15:4, 13 For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope. (13) Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that ye may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost.
    My email address

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope this beautiful Gospel passage gives you comfort! Lifting up prayers right now!
    Titus 3:4-7 But after that the kindness and love of God our Saviour toward man appeared, Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost; Which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour; That being justified by his grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

10 Alive Day (10 Years after the blast)

April 29, 2018