January 31, 2014

Wow, I just barley got used to 2013 and now here it is the end of January of 2014. I have a better feeling about this year, though, and think that we, as a family, will do well all around.

Jason and I got going early, as he had his formation, at 07:30, and the very good positive news is that it was short, so we were able to leave before 08:30. Both of us were hungry so we went over to The Broken Yoke and got breakfast. I guess I am going through a change of sorts, as I can't eat like I used to. I ordered a normal breakfast, but was only able to eat about half of it. The rest came home for left overs, later tonight. From breakfast we returned to the base because I had an appointment, and didn't want to miss it. Actually it was a make up appointment since the original appointment happened when I was sick a couple of weeks ago, and I didn't want to miss it again. Funny thing is, Jason apparently had missed an appointment yesterday and the doctor who he would have seen saw him and said there was an open time slot right now. Bottom line is that both of us ended up with "make up" appointments, at about the same time.

Once we left the base, again, we headed back to the house and Jason wanted to take a shower and do his daily dressing change. Once this was done we headed over Anthony Nettos for a bar-b-que of sorts. He wanted to try out some new recipes for marinade. The meat was done well and tasted pretty good, though I didn't eat too much. There were other goodies there and I wanted to try some without getting too full. There were a few other folks there and it tuned out to be a nice little party, that lasted until about 14:30 (2:30pm). We came back to the house and relaxed and I caught up on some of my email. Otherwise, other than a couple of phone calls, I didn't do much. Dinner was easy, and tomorrow is Saturday. I plan on getting out for an early bike ride, and hope to go more than 15 miles. Thank you, for all the continued prayers and support. Take care and stay positive.

Comments

January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

April 29, 2018

10 Alive Day (10 Years after the blast)