January 29, 2014

Another day that started a little later in the day. Jason's first appointment wasn't until 09:00, and no girls to get to school, so we didn't have the crazy push to get going. After his PT appointment (about an hour - and he is doing very well with range of motion) we headed over to Best Buy to see if his computer was ready. He received a call from them and he wanted to get his unit back. As it turned out, the laptop wasn't ready, though it was being worked on, and they said it should be ready shortly. I even asked, "should we just wander around the store until the unit is done?" They said they didn't know when it would be ready, so we went on home. Almost as soon as we walked in the door Jason's phone rang and it was Best Buy... The laptop is ready for pickup.

At that point we didn't go get it. Jason wanted to take a shower and I wanted to change the sheets on his bed. That all taken care of, so I made lunch and we just kind of relaxed around the house. Joselyn came to the house a little while later and I went for a bike ride. I had already hit the treadmill while Jason was at his PT, but I wanted to get on the bike. I rode a nice 12 mile ride, and surprisingly the traffic wasn't too bad. When I got back I took my shower and got dressed, and asked Jason if he wanted me to go pick up the laptop. He said, "Sure." It was getting a little later in the day now, so I expected traffic to be bad, but it wasn't too much, and I was back at the house in just a little over an hour. The laptop is working fine and I guess they did a good job of "cleaning" it up.

Jason cooked dinner tonight, and he made a great vegetable-beef soup. I think I must have eaten too much because a short while after eating I was ready for a nap. The rest of the evening was spent relaxing and catching up on a few things, like email. In a matter of a few days we will be heading up to Hollywood to go to the 20th anniversary showing of Forest Gump, at Paramount Studios. We'll be up there for a few days, so I really don't know what to expect. I may not be able to keep up with the blog for some of those days, so please forgive any gaps, though I will do what I can. Thank you, for all the continued support and prayers. Take care and stay positive.

Comments

  1. Sounds like a fun trip. Hope you have a great time!
    Praying right now!
    Isaiah 63:7-9: I will mention the lovingkindnesses of the LORD, and the praises of the LORD, according to all that the LORD hath bestowed on us, and the great goodness toward the house of Israel, which he hath bestowed on them according to his mercies, and according to the multitude of his lovingkindnesses. For he said, Surely they are my people, children that will not lie: so he was their Saviour. In all their affliction he was afflicted, and the angel of his presence saved them: in his love and in his pity he redeemed them; and he bare them, and carried them all the days of old.
    My email address

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

10 Alive Day (10 Years after the blast)

April 29, 2018