January 5, 2014

We all got up early this morning... I woke up and looked at the clock; realized that we didn't have a great deal of time; and, quickly got Linda up and moving. We had been invited to go to the Grace Presbyterian Church, up in Vista, by Tom and Carol Lightner, and we didn't want to be late. Linda and I got up and started to get ready, and dressed. I went down stairs to make sure Jason was awake, and it was a good thing, he was asleep. Fortunately it really doesn't take him too long to get up and dressed, so we were okay. We didn't need to worry about eating as we were also invited to go to brunch after church.

We drove up to Vista, up to the Lightner's place and then on over to the church. The drive up was faster than I first thought it would be, and that was good because my GPS decided to take us the wrong way, at just about the end of the drive. Fortunately we had been there before and I did remember some of the way to their home. I had to call Tom and ask for a little help, and that still got us to the house earlier than we needed to be. The drive over to Grace Presbyterian was relatively short, and it was good to visit. The folks there are great and Pastor Tom gave us a very nice greeting.

After church we went to brunch and had a great time. It was at their country club, and there were several television sets with the San Diego Chargers game going. Honestly, it wasn't a game I was too concerned about, but it was still interesting to see, and the food was quite good. It gave us a chance to catch up with Tom and Carol, and Jason was having a good time, too. Linda and I really feel like there is a solid connection with folks like Tom and Carol, so we truly had a great time.

After Brunch we got a chance to meet a few of the folks at the club house and Jason even spoke with the general manager about the paragolfer - he seemed very interested. We visited for about 10-15 minutes and then headed back home. Linda was flying out later in the day and we wanted to make sure there was plenty of time to pack, as well as take care of anything else that might come up.

Back at the house, Linda was feeling a little sleepy so she asked me to wake her after a short nap. Jason was ready for his shower, so it all worked out nicely. It also happened to be about the time the 49er game got started, so I had an incentive to get everything done. I had the game on, but only got to watch clips of the first quarter - it looked very promising. Once Jason was comfortably back in his bed I fixed him a little plate to snack on and then I could just sit down and enjoy the game. Green Bay finally got things going and turned it into a really good game. I was very happy with the out come, though, and especially since it was a good game.

Linda got up after her nap and finished packing. We took care of a few things around the house, and then we just sat on the couch for a little while, enjoying each other's company. We talked a little about what our plans are and I think things are going to be very good for 2014. Linda finally had to get going so I put the suit cases in the car and we loaded up to get to the air port. Linda, mom, said good-bye to Jason and we headed off to the airport. I dropped her off and came back home, expecting her to call me when she finally arrived back at the house. I did, however, receive a phone call from a friend who is going to be picking her up. Karen wanted to know if Linda had gotten to the airport and also if I was aware of the delayed flight. I wasn't so she let me know the flight was over two hours delayed (due to a problem in Chicago). Linda finally did give me a call, to let me know about the delay, and I asked her to contact Karen. Everything turned out and now, at 06:00 tomorrow morning I will be giving Linda a call to wake her up. Thank you, for all the continued support and prayers. Take care and stay positive.

Comments

  1. Crazy that a flight going from one city in CA to another city in CA and it's delayed because of what's happening in Chicago! Sorry she had to go already. Seems like she just got there!
    Praying right now!
    Psalms 139:7-10 Whither shall I go from thy spirit? or whither shall I flee from thy presence? If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there. If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea; Even there shall thy hand lead me, and thy right hand shall hold me.
    My email address

    ReplyDelete
  2. What amazing words of Scripture! Know that I'm praying!
    Psalms 139:17-18 How precious also are thy thoughts unto me, O God! how great is the sum of them! If I should count them, they are more in number than the sand: when I awake, I am still with thee.
    My email address

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

10 Alive Day (10 Years after the blast)