January 25, 2014

Nice day today with the girls. We got up in a much needed relaxed manner and had a nice breakfast. Jason wasn't pushing at all, about getting out the door to get to Gracie's training, and as a result we did get out late. Actually, I was the one doing most of the pushing this morning, but the girls were still having fun and it all became a great big game for them. We left about 30 minutes later than we typically do, and then... we needed to stop to get some gas. We got to the training more than 1/2 hour late, but that's okay, they still let Jason and Gracie come in. The girls and I headed over to the play area and immediately hit the swings. Funny thing is, this time they only spent about 15 minutes there and decided they want to do all the other things available, like the different climbing structures and slides. We were over by the climbing tree when Stacy decided that she wanted to go for a run, as there is a nice running pathway around the park. I went with them (Jackie agreed to go, though I don't think she really understood what Stacy wanted), and ended up carrying Jackie about 150 meters into the path. We might have gone as much as a 1/4 mile, but that kind of wore them out (me too), and we were very close to where Jason was. It looked like they were done so we walked over. Jason was just wrapping things up and I carried the two girls back to the car, as it wasn't too far away. By the time I had the girls back in their car seats Jason was ready to get in the van, also.

We drove back to the house and the traffic wasn't too bad, except for this one place where there was a walk way over the freeway. There were a bunch of folks up on the over crossing, with signs and stuff, so the traffic was slowed down, I guess because some folks wanted to read what was hanging there. It was irritating, as traffic really picked up right afterward. It only takes a couple of people to slow everyone else down, and then traffic gets totally jammed up. Fortunately, this only lasted for about a mile or so.

We got home and I fixed lunch, and the girls then took a nap. After that, I took a short nap, at least I guess I did, because I closed my eyes and suddenly it was about an hour later. The rest of the day was easy, with the girls getting up and me fixing a simple spaghetti dinner. At about 19:15 (7:15pm) they were picked up and will be flying to Boston, early in the morning. We won't see them again until about February 15, or something like that. Thank you, for all the continued support and prayers. Take care and stay positive.


  1. That's a long time without seeing the girls! Hope they have a good time. Know they'll be so happy to see you when they get back!
    Always keep your eyes on your Shepherd! Praying!
    Psalms 23:1-3 The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
    My email address

  2. Hugs to you all- Linda has my older Canon camera so she and you all can take any pictures that you want to.HOpe the girls have a safe and fun trip to Boston.


Post a Comment

January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

September 12, 2012 Blog post 525 (for those keeping score)

May 6, 2014