January 17, 2014

Today started out with an early morning drive to the base, so that Jason could participate in his formation. The difference is that today, at his formation, there was a retirement ceremony. A member of the Wounded Warrior Battalion, a Corporal who is a double amputee, retired. It was a very nice presentation and ceremony and I hung around to watch. Besides, by hanging around I got a chance to see some folks I normally don't see on a regular basis. After the ceremony was over we, Jason and I, headed back to the house, and then had breakfast.  The funny thing is, we didn't have much planned today, other than attending another retirement ceremony, though this time it was for Commander Laura Ledyard. She has been Jason's Recovery Care Coordinator since we arrived in San Diego, and we've gotten to know her pretty well.

Laura had asked us to be at the event, and I said I would love to be able to take the pictures, if she needed someone to do that. She was very happy to have me do that for her, that way no one in her family would have to, and they could all enjoy the ceremony. Anyway, I took about 160 pictures, with some of them being pretty good, I think, and will be getting them to her as soon as I can. Her retirement ceremony was done at the Veterans Memorial Hall, and had a bunch of people there, mostly her friends and family. Laura did a lot for Jason and really helped me to better understand how to get things done. We are both going to miss her very much, though we plan to stay in touch.

The rest of the day was spent resting at the house and me fixing dinner. Jason has recently gotten into Dr. Who, the British television series. It is the same one that I used to watch when I was a young man and had time to spend in front of the TV. Funny how things some times go full circle.

I am still dealing with this darn cold/flu and I intend to not do much more than I have to, tomorrow. I have already told Jason that I plan on sleeping late, so not to call me unless it is important. The girls get back on Monday and I want to be in better shape for them. Thank you, for all the continued support and prayers. Take care and stay positive.

Comments

January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

10 Alive Day (10 Years after the blast)

April 29, 2018