January 24, 2014

An interesting day, for sure.

We got up this morning, much like other mornings with early formation. We went over to building 26, and he went to the gathering of the troops. It was a quick formation, and right afterward I needed to head over to see one of the admin techs, to sign some documents. Jason also needed to go to another building (14) which happened to be in the opposite direction, so we went or two different ways. I did a bunch of walking, but I have to admit it was because I wanted to get some distance recorded on my Fitbit. I was tired of Linda always making me look bad... okay, maybe not "bad" just she was doing so much more. Anyway, I found out where the new case manager was located, though she wasn't there - not back from a vacation or something - so we'll have to connect next week.

After this initial walking around I got back to the van and sat down for a few minutes and then Jason called. He was done with the training and was ready to be picked up. It was still relatively early (I think about 09:15), and we could get back to the house and grab some breakfast. However, Jason wanted to stop in  and talk to a couple of the folks to find out why the supplies were no longer coming to the house. Both he and I thought it was a simple task and figured it wouldn't take more than a few minutes. About two hours later we finally left the room we had been working in, and let the Navy take care of the clean up. For what ever reason, there seems to have been a break in communications somewhere, between the Navy and the insurance carrier. We could tell that the folks we were working with, in the Navy, were frustrated with the responses we were getting, and working through the red tape at the insurance company was crazy. With that effort, things were found out that they, the insurance folks, had not made updates to some records that were almost 7 years old. They swore they were faxing stuff to us, but in that two hour window, we didn't see a single fax show up... and our fax was working fine. There were other things, that I won't mention here, I just hope it is now cleaned up. Anyway, as I said, we finally left, and the Navy people handled the rest of the clean up. I just hope all the ordering issues are now taken care of.

Well, Jason and I got back to the house and we had our breakfast... err lunch, and shortly afterward Joselyn showed up. It is good to have her here, as she does a great deal to help take care of those little things that can sort of pile up. The house stays a lot nicer/cleaner, and that is important. On top of that, the girls like her and that gives me a bit of a break. Speaking of the girls, I went to go pick them up and it was good to have them back at the house, even if it is only for a couple of days. Sunday they will be flying out to Boston to spend some time with their Nana, and won't be back for over two weeks.

Tonight, after dinner, the girls were having a great time playing with their toys and being very creative. I was very happy to see this, and didn't even have to think about turning on the TV. We played for a little while, and then it was bed time. I have started to tell them stories about familiar characters (TinkerBell, Peter Pan, cartoon characters, etc), and Stacy likes to join in on the story telling. This makes it a fun event, and I think brings us closer as a family. They are now asleep and shortly I will be heading off to slumber land as well. Thank you, for all the continued support and prayers. Take care and stay positive.

Comments

January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

10 Alive Day (10 Years after the blast)

April 29, 2018