January 28, 2014

Jason had an appointment with PT (Physical Therapy) this morning, and then there was possible visit to Nurse Practitioner Joanne Grainie. As it turned out he did make the PT appointment, but then decided to see Joanne tomorrow. In the mean time I wanted to do some extra walking. Linda (my wife) and I both have the Fitbit now and she has been "running" circles around me. A couple of days ago she had a day where she did over 10,000 steps, so I wanted to do the same today. As a result of my extra focus and effort I am happy to say that I too, now have a 10,000 step day. Actually I went over 11,000, but the award is for going over 10K. My guess is that she is going to do the same, and that way she'll have two to my one.

After leaving Balboa we went over to Best Buy, where Jason wanted them to work on his laptop. He has a service contract with them and the laptop has been running poorly. While he was talking to the guys there I walked the store - again to keep the focus on the steps. When we finished at Best Buy we went over to the grocery store where I wanted to get some lettuce. Once we got into the store Jason decided that he wanted to get a few things, too. Well, actually he probably made that decision before getting out of the van, he just hadn't told me. He plans on making one of his tasty stews, and I look forward to it.

The rest of the day was spent at the house, and not much else happened. I sat down to check my email and a short while later received an email, from Fitbit, stating I had received the 10K award. I was glad, because I really didn't want to do a bunch more walking around. There is another for 15K, so perhaps I'll attempt that, but on a day where I will be walking around, possibly while on vacation or something like that. Thank you, for the continued support and prayers. Take care and stay positive.

Comments

January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

10 Alive Day (10 Years after the blast)

April 29, 2018