January 1, 2014 - Happy New Year!

What a great start to a new year. We were up kind of late last night, though we didn't make it to midnight. The girls were up with us until close to 23:00 (11pm) and then began showing serious signs of being tired and needing to go to bed. We thought that since the girls had gotten to bed so late that we could figure on them sleeping in a little. Well, that's about what we got... At 07:10 this morning Jackie was up poking Linda and asking if she was awake. Obviously we both opened our eyes and Linda helped Jackie on to the bed. A few minutes later Stacy came running into the room and immediately jumped up on to the bed and landed with both knees right on Grandpa's belly... "Good morning!" So much for sleeping in. We ended up playing with the girls for about 10 minutes and then we all got up. Grandpa was making pancakes for breakfast!

The rest of the day was fun, and even productive. Our son David and his wife, Miriam bought us FitBits for Christmas so I got them set up, today. Well, at least I got mine set up. Linda is going to be able to use it right now, but not be able to track the data until she sets it up with her computer at home. That's okay, she can still track what is going on, and we can compare results on a regular basis. Right now it looks like she actually takes more steps than I do, so I guess I need to "step" up my activity.

As for beginning the new year, Jason's wounds are looking better than ever, and in fact, most of them have closed up. There is still one section that still has some closing to do, but even that is better than it has been, ever in the past. Gracie is doing much better as well, and hardly shows any sign of limping, or having any problems with her leg. This is a year Jason makes some major steps at gaining more independence, and Jason is looking forward to getting his own vehicle, as well as possibly moving into his own home. I will do my best to keep up with the blog, and everyone will continue to know what is going on. Perhaps I can get started on my book again and see if that can start to become a reality. Thank you, all, for all the continued support and prayers. Take care and stay positive.

Comments

  1. Always thought having a fitbit would be fun.
    Always praying!
    Psalms 139:1-3 O LORD, thou hast searched me, and known me. Thou knowest my downsitting and mine uprising, thou understandest my thought afar off. Thou compassest my path and my lying down, and art acquainted with all my ways.
    My email address

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

10 Alive Day (10 Years after the blast)

April 29, 2018