January 13, 2014

Woke up this morning feeling pretty good, though still not 100% (closer to 85% I think), but good enough to get going with the day because Jason had his early formation call, and the girls needed to get to their preschools. With everything done and everyone where they needed to be I found myself with that rate moment of time, where I could call the VA. I did just that, I called and connected with a very nice receptionist who informed me that I needed to speak with someone else and attempted to transfer the call. Before doing so, she provided me with their extension, and I am guessing she did this because of what happened next. I sat on hold for about five minutes (fortunately I had something else to do) before I finally gave up. The phone simply rang and never rolled over to voice mail. Anyway, I called a little later, about 30 minutes, and this time I got through. The appointment was rescheduled to April, as that was the next available slot, open to me. Anyway, I didn't have my hand even looked at, let alone operated on, so that will just have to wait until April now.

The rest of the day was pretty slow, and I needed that, and by the end of the day now, I'm feeling much better. Jason and I went over to visit with Anthony Netto (Mr. Stand-Up-And-Play) and had a very nice lunch with him. Funny thing is that a short while before we left a call came in from George Bowan, and it reminded me I needed to get in touch with him. I had intended to call him over this past weekend but with getting sick, I didn't want to do much of anything for a couple of days. Anyway, they had a nice chat and we, Jason and I, got a brief up date on things, so I'll be calling him probably on Wednesday, unless tomorrow works better for me.

Tonight was great fun. It started as a regular kind of night, but then getting close to bed time I asked Stacy to help me with putting a few things away (mostly their toys scattered about), and then Jackie decided to pitch-in. Then it became almost a game and pretty soon we were having all kinds of fun, cleaning up. I guess we were making quite the racket because Jason came out (actually I think he was a little worried about me doing too much), and we were very soon done. It kind of rolled into their bedroom, and the four of us were all having a great time in the single room; telling bed time stories and generally being silly. We were actually in the room, together, for almost an hour. It was, I think, the best "good night" for the girls we have ever had. I hope we can do it again. Thank you, for all the continued support and prayers. Take care and stay positive.


January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

September 12, 2012 Blog post 525 (for those keeping score)

May 6, 2014