January 23, 2014

Last night I was coughing a bit more than I liked, so I took some Nyquil, and hoped that it would allow me sleep better. It sure did. I went to sleep and didn't wake up until right before my alarm went off. Normally I am awake hours before the alarm, and then go back to sleep and wake up again, before the alarm. Anyway, I woke up and called Linda (I'm her alarm), and then went back to sleep. I slept for another two hours. I got up and felt more congested than I had in the past several days. After I was up and moving around it all seemed to clear up, and I actually felt much better. Right now I am feeling pretty good and only have the occasional cough. So on to the rest of the days activities.

Jason had been asked to head up to Camp Pendleton, to attend a "Jobs Fair" type gathering, and it was set up for all the Wounded Warriors to get a chance to talk and interact with people from the civilian work world. The meeting was held up in a large conference room, where a panel was set up to speak to the people (men and women) attending. The interesting thing was that two of the speakers on the panel were people we knew. Eric was himself, a former Wounded Warrior, and had been in the Balboa hospital at the same time Jason was there. His room was right next to Jason's room, and we got to know each other a little. Nick, the other guy on the panel we knew, is a recruiter from Northrup Grumman and we had met him about a year ago, when Jason went up to NG to tour their engineering area. Nick has expressed an interest in getting Jason to come work for them, once he is out of the Marines. He also complemented Jason, and his insight, in front of the rest of the room. Anyway, it was a very good meeting, and Jason made contact with a few other folks while we were there. There was a lunch afterward, so we stayed for that and then came back to the house.

As we got home, Joselyn was waiting for us. We were supposed to be back by 14:00 (2pm), but didn't get there until 14:15 (2:15pm). It was great to see her again, as she has really be a great help around the house and provides me with a break when I need it. The rest of the evening was just hanging around the house and then having dinner. Tomorrow there is yet another event that is coming up, where Jason is going to be wearing a shirt and tie (he wore a shirt and tie today - and looked pretty good). We don't know what is going on, but it is going to be different from the regular Friday formation. Hope it turns into a fun event for him. While he is doing that I will be taking care of a couple of other things, and I may just hang around until he is done with the activities and we'll go back home. Thank you, for all the continued support and prayers. Take care and stay positive.

Comments

  1. Sounds like so many things are finally falling into place for Jason!
    There are times God can seem so very far away, but He's always right there with you! Praying!
    Psalms 13:1-6 How long wilt thou forget me, O LORD? for ever? how long wilt thou hide thy face from me? How long shall I take counsel in my soul, having sorrow in my heart daily? ... Consider and hear me, O LORD my God: lighten mine eyes, ... But I have trusted in thy mercy; my heart shall rejoice in thy salvation. I will sing unto the LORD, because he hath dealt bountifully with me.
    My email address

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

10 Alive Day (10 Years after the blast)

April 29, 2018