July 2, 2015

Apologies for no post yesterday, but we ended up staying up late yesterday and I was just too darn tuckered out. Yesterday, I received an offer of employment, and accepted. It has been a LONG road to this happening, and both Linda and I are very happy about it finally coming to fruition. I know Jason is also happy about it, as I think he has always carried a little guilt about Dad having to give up his career to come and take care of him. Funny thing is, the last "full time" position I had was with a company who was doing some work for the V.A.; with this new position I will be working with a new company, who also is doing some work for the V.A. A big difference is that this new company has a three year contract, so I don't think it is going to fall apart.

As a result of this news, Linda and I did a little celebrating, and it carried us well into the night, it's been several weeks since we have had a "Date Night," and then I was too tired to post. Heck, even tonight we were still having some fun but at least I'm getting this post together.

Jason, Linda and I are very excited about the "Buy-A-Brick" opportunity that is going on right now. For those that don't  know what it is - - Jason's house is almost done, and one of the last things that needs to be done is the concrete work, landscaping and flag pole. The Buy-A-Brick is where you can purchase a brick with your personal message, through the Gary Sinise Foundation and it will be set in the concrete, by the Flag Pole, in the front of the house. The money donated for the brick will go directly to completing Jason's home. For those interested, please go over to my Facebook page and you can find the order form and more information.

I managed to get in a nice bike ride today, though it wasn't a long ride. I still managed to get in 20 miles, and I guess I pushed myself a little, the ride was just over 20 miles and the duration wasn't too bad either. Thank you, for all the continued support and prayers. Take care and stay positive.

Comments

January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

10 Alive Day (10 Years after the blast)

April 29, 2018