July 29, 2015

A good day, and for the most part not much happened that was out of the normal. We got up, the girls went over to their mothers house (Linda took them), and we took care of things around here. There were a couple of things that were a little different, and one of them was me going to the follow up Dr. visit, from when I was in the hospital recently.

I walked in to see the doctor and she said, "So, it looks like you had a little heart attack." My reply was, "No, I did not. It was a false positive on the test, and that is what the doctors at the VA told me." She apologized and said she hadn't looked closely enough at my records and said, "Oh, my I guess your heart is in pretty good shape. They didn't find ANY blockages. Keep up the exercise and keep eating right." Then we went over the other regular meds I take and discussed the need for me to drop a few pounds (I'd like to loose about 15). The visit was pretty much over at that point and then I went back home, well, actually to go pick up Linda, who was shopping during this time... and that is the other item that happened today.

Linda, as a member of the Blue Star Mothers, took on the task of putting together some "gift" baskets for some female veterans who are living in a shelter. The Blue Star Mothers are doing something to help them get back on their feet again, and Linda is helping in this way. I think it is a great thing and hope it does provide some positive lift for these women. Linda was shopping while I was at the doctor's office, and when I was done I picked her up.

Otherwise, the day was very relaxed and we all had a laid back kind of day. Jason did have a regular appointment and once he was back home we all kind of took the rest of the day off. We, Linda and I, thought about going to the movies, but decided it was better to just relax at home and watch a video - costs less that way, too. Thank you, for all the continued support and prayers. Take care and stay positive.

Comments

  1. Gotta wonder about a dr who hasn't thoroughly read your chart...
    The Lord will be with you no matter what happens. Praying!
    Psalms 121:5-8 The LORD is thy keeper: the LORD is thy shade upon thy right hand. The sun shall not smite thee by day, nor the moon by night. The LORD shall preserve thee from all evil: he shall preserve thy soul. The LORD shall preserve thy going out and thy coming in from this time forth, and even for evermore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. May the Lord wrap His loving arms around you and hold you tight! Praying!
    Psalms 57:1-2 Be merciful unto me, O God, be merciful unto me: for my soul trusteth in thee: yea, in the shadow of thy wings will I make my refuge, until these calamities be overpast. I will cry unto God most high; unto God that performeth all things for me.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

10 Alive Day (10 Years after the blast)

April 29, 2018