July 7, 2015

Today was a busy day for all of us - though the "busy" for the girls was a matter of deciding which toy to play with and what they might want for lunch. We are getting closer to the move date so Linda and I are working to make sure what we move is what we want, and that it is at least somewhat organized.

I worked with Bobby Bryan, and we moved the "old" office desk and file cabinet (Linda's desk and cabinet) from our current house up to Linda's parents' home, up in Lake Forest. I am so glad that Bobby was able to help with the move, as some of the furniture is heavy. I rented a U-haul truck, as it was the best way to insure the furniture wasn't damaged during the drive. Once we delivered the office we stayed to have "breakfast" with Linda's parents, Joe and Jess. It was actually kind of late in the morning, and it almost felt like lunch, but we all still had a typical breakfast meal, since none of us had eaten yet. We enjoyed a nice chance to have a good conversation and then we needed to get going again, as Bobby and I were now headed to the  A1 storage that Linda and I have. We had two of them, and wanted to reduce it down to one.

In order to get this accomplished we needed to load some things up in the truck and bring them back to the house, and put them where Linda's desk was. As it turned out, we were able to get everything in the truck, except for what we moved into the other storage unit. That unit is pretty full, though not completely. Linda and I have been working on getting that reduced down, and we have done a good job of it, in my opinion. Once Bobby and I were done, we were both pretty tired, and he went home, while I returned the truck. Linda and Joselyn (Bobby's mother), were at the house, making sure we had room to empty the truck, and they did an excellent job. Linda is getting to be a pretty good organizer around here, and it kind of makes me wonder what we would have done, if she hadn't been here.

While all this was going on, Jason was out taking care of a couple of errands he had wanted to get done. He went to the bank, to take care of some items and then to the pet store to pick up some needed supplies. He was out for a couple of hours and was still up and about when Bobby and I got home.

The rest of the day, evening really, was simply having dinner and then going to bed. We're all tired and feel like it has been a full day. Thank you, for all the continued support and prayers. Take care and stay positive.


  1. Sounds like you're getting a lot done.
    The Lord will give you strength! Praying!
    Psalms 27:13-14: I had fainted, unless I had believed to see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living. Wait on the LORD: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the LORD.

  2. Know that I'm praying!
    Psalms 28:1-2 Unto thee will I cry, O LORD my rock; be not silent to me: lest, if thou be silent to me, I become like them that go down into the pit. Hear the voice of my supplications, when I cry unto thee, when I lift up my hands toward thy holy oracle.


Post a Comment

January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

September 12, 2012 Blog post 525 (for those keeping score)

May 6, 2014