July 24, 2015


Today was a pretty good day, for everything. The girls came back to stay with us for another five days; Jason was able to take care of his appointments, on his own; Linda and the girls had their last day with Vacation Bible School; and, I had my first Work-Friday, in a long time.

The work week ended on a pretty good note, with me capturing a bunch of the information, and doing my best to get it organized. If nothing else, the VA does generate a very large quantity of data and they have some enormous data bases. I guess that's why they contract out some of the work to folks like me and our team, to help them figure it all out. Anyway, we're all starting to get to know each other and that is the first step in getting better coordinated in our efforts.

The Vacation Bible School, that Linda and the girls have been attending is now over, and I think the girls are going to miss it. Both of them were singing songs they had learned and they seemed a little sad that it was over. I think Linda had a good time, too, and that she is going to miss it a little. Not sure what we're going to be doing next year, as we will be living up in Fallbrook, so that means we will be getting to know the Fallbrook Presbyterian Church family.

Jason took Gracie to be cleaned and groomed at the dog groomers, and she looks great! Jason is thinking that he may make this a regular monthly task, as he likes the way she looks after. Kojak isn't quite ready for the groomers yet, as he is just now starting to get comfortable being around us. He still looks for ways of getting in trouble, like any new puppy, but he is starting to show his personality more, and he is a friendly kind of dog.

Tomorrow I will be heading up to Fallbrook, to take Linda's Purple Heart Rose bush, up, so the landscaper can find a place to plant it. I think they already have a location scoped out, and just want to be sure it will work there. To do that they need the real plant. Linda will be going off to visit with her aunt and cousin, whom she hasn't seen in a few years. She will be gone for a full day and night, and then back home. That means I'll be taking the girls with me, up to the house. While I'm doing that Jason will be taking the dogs to their training session. It is good to see Jason getting both of them more into training. Anyway, that is pretty much it for the weekend, for us. Thank you, for all the continued support and prayers. Take care and stay positive

Comments

  1. What amazing words of comfort and promise! Know that I'm praying!
    Job 19:25-27 For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth: And though after my skin worms destroy this body, yet in my flesh shall I see God: Whom I shall see for myself, and mine eyes shall behold, and not another; though my reins be consumed within me.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

10 Alive Day (10 Years after the blast)

April 29, 2018