July 5, 2015

We got home late last night, and therefore I didn't get a post done, besides by the time I would have been able to post it would have been "today" anyway. What happened was that yesterday the girls came over, a little later than we had hoped, but it didn't mess plans up too much. I had managed to get out on the bike early in the morning, and was back home before they came, and that was after a 22 mile ride. I rode out to Mission Beach and then around Liberty Island, and then back to the house. I chose that route because I thought the traffic was going to be lite and the ride easy. The traffic was no where near as heavy as it would be on a work day, and the weather was really nice, that's the positive aspect of the ride. Aside from the first mile, though, there wasn't any parking places left on the road, all the way to the beach, and then around the island. I was absolutely amazed at the sight. I was also very happy that traffic was very low, as I would have had very little escape routes open to me, should there be a need. Anyway, like I said, I got back to the house and then a few minutes later the girls showed up.

We had an enjoyable day and then after the girls got up from their nap (they refer to it as "brain-rest") We went over to Joselyn's house, where we had been invited for a BBQ, swimming, and then a chance to watch the fireworks. What was really cool about this was that Jason was going to be going with us, and this would actually be his first social outing since his surgery, and I think he really wanted to get out. The BBQ was excellent, along with all the other great food that was there, including the desserts. The girls and I had fun playing in the pool. It was so nice seeing Jason interacting with people, several of them folks he had not previously met, and all went very smoothly. The one down thing was that the city (not San Diego) had sent out a notice that their display was going to be on, and then later sent out a second notice that it wasn't. Unfortunately that second notice had not reached anyone at the BBQ. We all were sitting there waiting and we could actually hear and see some activity off in the distance, but none where it was supposed to be, for us. Apparently it had been stopped by a group, and we only found out after an extensive search on the net.

We all loaded up back in the van and said our good-bye's and then drove on home. It was late in the evening and by the time we had the girls in bed and the van unloaded it was late and I was very tired. I wouldn't have changed a thing, though, as we had a great time and I think everyone else did, too. The fireworks would simply have been entertainment, and not really added a bunch to the evening except for the children.

Today, we went to church with the girls and had a good time visiting with all the folks there. Jason was pretty well worn down from yesterdays visit, so he didn't make it to church. Several of the people there were asking about him and I think we may have gotten a few more bricks sold for Jason's flagpole. It is with sincere gratitude the response we are receiving of love and support to help be apart of the needs for Jason and his family.

After coming back from church we had lunch and then we told the girls that we would take them over to a carousel and a train, to get a ride on both. They didn't know where either of them were located so it was kind of a surprise for both of them. We got them up, after the nap and headed over to the San Diego Zoo, and right in Balboa Park, there is a carousel and a miniature train, that you can ride on. Jason stayed home, as he was sleeping again, and as far as I was concerned that was okay. When I did his dressing change this afternoon, both sides were looking better, and I was very pleased with the continued progress. After riding the train we decided to walk around, as we had not been to that part of Balboa Park before, and found that it was quite interesting. We stopped at a vendor and both girls got a small face painting done and then they both found another vendor and got to play some music with him. It was just a simple-fun day for all of us.

Tonight I fixed some spaghetti for dinner and it came out quite nice. I typically, in the past, use ground beef, and today I used ground turkey. It came out very nice and I was happy with how it came out. We are getting away from red meat, as it seems to be a healthier way to go. After dinner Linda gave the girls a bath and I worked on the blog, and that was pretty much the end of the day.  It has been a very busy weekend. Tomorrow, I am thinking about getting out early for a short ride, and then get busy with the day. Jason has an appointment with Wound Care, at the VA and then later we are expecting a visit from Gen (ret.) Jon Monet. He has made it possible for the team at Cal Poly to get things going for development of a better seating solution for Jason. Obviously we're interested in having this happen. Thank you, for all the continued support and prayers. Take care and stay positive.


  1. Praying as always!
    Psalms 27:1, 4-5 The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?...One thing have I desired of the LORD, that will I seek after; that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the LORD, and to enquire in his temple. For in the time of trouble he shall hide me in his pavilion: in the secret of his tabernacle shall he hide me; he shall set me up upon a rock.


Post a Comment

January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

September 12, 2012 Blog post 525 (for those keeping score)

May 6, 2014