April 17, 2014

I got up this morning, a little on the early side, as I had a trip planned to head up to Los Angeles, to pick up our cats. The two cats have been kept, for the past couple of weeks with my son, in Los Angeles and now we need to get them down here, and to their "new" home. They will be in foster care until Jason's house is built, and we've moved in, and that might not be until the end of this year. Anyway, I was up early and went in to check on Jason, as I usually do, after I get up. He was awake and just before I went into his room he called me, on my phone. He wanted me to let Gracie (his dog) out, so she could do her normal morning routine. I did this and then went in to see him. I wondered if he had attempted to get into his chair before calling me, and he had. It wasn't a good out come.

When he attempted to get into the chair he said it caused him some significant discomfort and pain and felt that he should not be sitting just yet. We discussed it for a few minutes and then I went to finish getting ready to leave. I wanted to get going so that I could get up to David's place and turn around and back down here to be a part of the meeting that was scheduled today. I figured we'd talk more about it, after that meeting, and Jason didn't seem horribly bothered, just sort of irritated and maybe disappointed that he wasn't going to be able to be up in his chair.

Aside from the traffic, the trip up was uneventful, and the visit was short but very nice. I got to visit with David, Miriam and Ethan; Dylan was already at school when I arrived. I loaded up the cats and their supplies and we headed back down to San Diego. The meeting was to begin at about 13:30 and I had more than three hours to get back, so it should be relatively easy. I called Linda and let her know that I was on my way, and then took off.

Again, the trip down was affected by traffic, a little more than I had hoped, but still it wasn't that bad. At about 12:55 I received a call from Linda, to let me know that just about everyone was there, and she wanted to know how much longer I'd be. I was south of Ocean Side and thought that I should be able to make it the rest of the way in about half an hour, though I only told her that I'd be there as soon as I could be and continued on with the drive. I arrived at 13:25 (1:25pm), and actually one other person arrived just a few minutes after me - she thought it was at 13:30 also. As it turned out, the later arrival was okay because Jason was still asleep, and so we had a few minutes to talk among ourselves. Jason woke a short while after that and then we effectively moved the meeting to his room.

The meeting went very well, as we had representatives from the medical side (from the Navy Hospital); representatives from the recovery side (like recovery care coordinators); representatives from Carrington (the folks actually building his new house, and Michael Barrett, who now works for them; and, from The University of Texas, Arlington, who are going to be doing the robotics and other things to make his life a much more normalized way of being. We talked about all kinds of stuff, and the meeting went on for about three hours, or more. I can't list all of the stuff we talked about, but believe me, it was good stuff.

The next surprise was that the girls were back over with us, a day early. Jason was asked to take them and he was happy to do so. It will actually make getting ready for our Easter celebration, though small, a little bit better. The girls were very happy to see the cats, as they have met them prior, and it gave them something new to talk about. We did that, and talked for a little while. Jason and the girls watched a My Little Pony show, and then it was time for bed. It had been a busy day and they were all very ready for bed. Tomorrow Sean, our youngest son, will be coming in, and staying for a visit, through Easter. We are all looking forward to seeing him, and spending some time with him. Thank you, for all the continued prayers and support. Take care and stay positive.


  1. Life can be hard at times, but the victory is ours through Christ because of His death and resurrection.! Put your trust in Him! Praying!
    1 Corinthians 15:54-57 So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory. O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory? The sting of death is sin; and the strength of sin is the law. But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.


Post a Comment

January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

September 12, 2012 Blog post 525 (for those keeping score)

May 6, 2014