April 23, 2014

Today was a good day, with the Ross family in San Diego. About the only down side is that we won't be seeing the girls for the next five days. On the big plus side is Jason is healing up well and the medical team is very pleased with how things are coming along. I was a bit surprised by Dr. Salt when he suggested that Jason consider doing another tissue expander on the other side (left side) to see if they can get more coverage. Jason sort of listened and didn't commit one way or another. I just happen to know that he is not interested in any more surgeries, right now, and would rather just focus on getting himself back in to an operable condition. He did sit up a little today, though it was only for about 20 seconds, and from the look on his face I would have to say it was painful still. The fact that he could go for 20 seconds is good, as it does show that he is getting better. The wounds and bandages are getting smaller all the time, so Linda and I are very happy about that, as is Jason.

Tonight was also Linda's and my "date-night." We decided to go check out some new model homes, to get some ideas for his new house that is being built soon. We got some pictures taken and it did give us some ideas about what is available, so that we discuss ideas with the designers. After that we went to the Landmark theater in Hillcrest, and saw the movie "The Railway Man," and felt that it was well worth the effort to go see it. The performances were excellent and Collin Firth (he was the main character)  and Nicole Kidman  were very believable in their roles. I would suggest going to see it, if you enjoy  WWII movies, with this one being how survivors cope. A great deal can be gleaned for how to help some of those with more current injuries and PTSD.

After dinner we went to a Mexican restaurant and had a nice meal. We were able to have the time together and still get home before 20:00 (8pm). Probably one of the more enjoyable times that we have had, in a long time. Thank you, for all the continued support and prayers. Take care and stay positive.

Comments

  1. Glad you had such a good night.
    Always here praying!
    Psalms 40:1-4 I waited patiently for the LORD; and he inclined unto me, and heard my cry. He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the miry clay, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings. And he hath put a new song in my mouth, even praise unto our God: many shall see it, and fear, and shall trust in the LORD. Blessed is that man that maketh the LORD his trust, and respecteth not the proud, nor such as turn aside to lies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Continuing to lift up prayer.
    Psalms 40:5, 11, 13 Many, O LORD my God, are thy wonderful works which thou hast done, and thy thoughts which are to us-ward: they cannot be reckoned up in order unto thee: if I would declare and speak of them, they are more than can be numbered. (11) Withhold not thou thy tender mercies from me, O LORD: let thy lovingkindness and thy truth continually preserve me. (13) Be pleased, O LORD, to deliver me: O LORD, make haste to help me.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

10 Alive Day (10 Years after the blast)