April 26, 2014

Today was another good day, and we all had a great time, just enjoying each other's company. For a little while Linda was gone, where she went to visit the cats (Candy and Pumpkin) at the home where they are being cared for; and,  while we wait on the house being built for Jason. The girls had a fun time, especially when we went out to the backyard and they got to ride their scooters. Funny part was that apparently it rained last night, and there were some residual clouds hanging around, so even though it was pretty bright outside, it did start to sprinkle a little. It lasted only for about five minutes, but we all felt it.

After Linda got back home I went to Costco, to restock some of our food supplies. Fortunately it wasn't too much so it didn't take too long to get it done. Actually felt kind of strange as it was the first time I've been to Costco, in a long time, by myself... and they were crowded.

We had a nice chicken dinner, that I picked up at Costco (didn't really feel like cooking anything, and I didn't think Linda wanted to cook either). Jason had a good appetite and made sure there were no left overs this time. Actually we all did a pretty good job of consuming the chicken, so I figured it must have been a good choice on my part.

After the girls went to bed Linda and I sat back and decided to watch an older movie, Forest Gump. It was kind of nice being able to enjoy the movie and discuss many of the different time jumps throughout the movie. From start to finish it actually runs more than three decades, starting with Forest growing up in the 1950's and 60's, to when Jenny dies towards the middle of the 1980's. I guess I paid a little closer attention to some of the shots of Viet Nam, because I realized that I was actually in the movie. The Bob Hope Christmas Show of 1971 is shown and they pan the audience. I am in that audience, therefore I'm in the movie. Pretty cool stuff, and I even still have some photos to prove I was there.

Tomorrow Linda will be taking the girls to church, and they will be going to Sunday School. They really enjoy going and being in the mix with the other kids. They will be headed back to their Mom's place afterward, then back to us on Monday, after school. Thank you, for all the continued prayers and support. Take care and stay positive.

Comments

January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

10 Alive Day (10 Years after the blast)

April 29, 2018