April 3, 2014

Today was a pretty good day in that we were able to get a few things accomplished and Jason was able to visit with a few Marines when he went to his appointments. The morning started out with me getting up early to completely empty the truck that we have been using, and then turn it in to U-Haul. The previous truck was the same size, and looked to be about the same year, with the biggest difference being the gas mileage. The previous truck had much better fuel economy and rode much more comfortably. Anyway, we are done with the truck and moving... at least for now.

As I turned in the truck this morning, I was concerned about the time so Linda had to hurry over to come pick me up. It was about 08:30 and the ambulance was going to be at the house around 09:00. When we were coming home we were right behind the ambulance - yeah, they were a bit early. The first appointment was with Dr. Sheu, Jason's new primary and it was a very good visit. It was the first time we had all met and the doctor is the kind of doctor I was hoping Jason was going to get. Focused and asked a bunch of questions. Once we were done with that appointment we needed to head over to Wound Care and Dr. Sheu came along with us. He wanted to see exactly what he was dealing with, and Jason like that idea.

Once we arrived at the Wound Care Clinic we were greeted by a small gathering of Marines. Apparently Major General Nicholson was there to see/visit with another Marine, and that Marine hadn't shown up yet. It was very good to see the General again, and he immediately engaged us with conversation, and Jason really enjoyed it. That other Marine (another Wounded Warrior - new to Balboa) did show up, about 15 minutes later, and so it was nice having the time to visit with the General and Sergeant Major and not be concerned about any issue with time. Jason actually had a couple of issues he wanted followed up on and the Sergeant Major said he would do just that. Also found out what was going on with the van we're supposed to be getting and it should be here in a matter of a couple of weeks.

The actually exam and update at Wound Care was positive and Jason's healing is looking better all the time. Dr. Sheu was impressed with the clinic and the way that they were working with Jason - and with how Jason was working with them. They said that it would probably be another 2 to 4 weeks before Jason could sit up, so we'll just have to wait and see how he does these next several days. Thank you, for all the continued support and prayers. Take care and stay positive.


January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

September 12, 2012 Blog post 525 (for those keeping score)

May 6, 2014