April 28, 2014

Today began with a feeling that I really needed to get out and go for a ride. I knew there were other things we needed to get done, first, so I got Linda to get up with me, and it wasn't even close to 07:00 yet, and we went down stairs. I checked on Jason and he wasn't  going to formation this morning, as he said he needed to be sure his uniform was ready, and honestly, it wasn't. I think maybe he wants to get a haircut first and then he'll feel more comfortable with the rest of the battalion. He has expressed in the past that he likes to set the example for the others to follow and if he can't show the way a Marine should look, then he doesn't feel comfortable going. Besides, I don't know that he would be able to stay up in his chair that long. He hasn't been in his chair for more than 90 minutes so far, and he has told me that the pain is very similar to what it was, prior to the ablating of the nerve, that was done. Anyway, Linda wanted to get going with her exercise routine, and I wanted to be sure she was done, before I left for my bike ride.

By the time I was ready to go (I got on my email and had to respond to some of them - terrible time sync) it was after 09:15. I decided that I was headed for Cabrillo National Monument, and I knew it was going to be a good tough ride. I also wanted to put a little extra distance in so I took off and went in the wrong direction initially and circled around to get going in the right direction. It added another 2 miles, so I was happy with that. I got going up the hill and about half a mile up there was some road construction going on. I was kind of happy for the delay, as it gave me a chance to catch my breath. The rest of the ride up was uneventful, and the happy part was that the park was open today. I purchased my week pass ($3) and went on in. This is where I did something a little different. Typically I would ride with a banana to give me a little more energy, but today I road with an apple and the difference was pretty amazing. I felt better with the ride home, as a big portion of it is down hill, but there is still another hill to climb and when I hit that hill I pretty much went up and over faster than I had done in the past. I think I'm going to ride with an apple all the time.

The rest of the day was relaxed and we took care of some chores and other things, and then Jason kind of surprised us. He wanted to go to lunch so we all ended up at lunch (Red Lobster) and each of us had one of their lunch specials. It felt really good to be doing this, as Jason hadn't been out of the house in months, to do anything other than go to appointments. Going to lunch was a major step in the right direction.

We got back to the house and we all wanted to take a little nap, so we did. I was up a short time later and went to go pick up the girls. I looked at the clock and saw that their nap times were over so it would be a good time to get them. When we all got back home Stacy and Jackie immediately went to their play area and each picked up something to do, and it was a very pleasant surprise for me. Usually Jackie tags along and likes to copy just about everything Stacy does. She will then later break away and go do something else. Today was the first time I remember seeing her come in and not even care what Stacy was doing and went to her puzzles right away. They played that way for more than an hour.

After that the girls and I went out back where they played and I got the grill going. Tonight was hamburger night and so I did the cooking. Dinner was good and the girls both ate a full hamburger. I was kind of surprised at that, but I guess I shouldn't be since they're both growing like weeds - maybe I should say bamboo. The rest of the evening was relaxed and the girls had their bath and then to bed, that is after a story time with Daddy. Jason read to them and then they went to bed. It has been a good day and even better evening. Thank you, for all the continued support and prayers. Take care and stay strong.

Comments

January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

10 Alive Day (10 Years after the blast)