April 21, 2014

What an interesting, and challenging day for me. I sure am glad that Linda is here because I really needed her help, with all that happened.

Have you ever had one of those days where it just seems like everything is orchestrated to make the first few hours seem like things are against you? I got up with plenty of time and figured I'd do a little "housekeeping" on my system. It was time to change/update my security software. Well, when I tend to get working on a computer, almost any computer, I tend to loose track of the time, and it happened again this morning, and I didn't even get the software loaded. I finally realized I needed to check on the time for my morning appointment, with the VA, I found out that it was in 15 minutes, and over at the Mission office. Oh, crap! I ran up to do a quick clean up and get dressed, the only thing I had done was brush my teeth. Fortunately I hadn't eaten anything, and once I was dressed I jumped in the truck and took off.

I ended up behind slow drivers, each traffic light was red, and then there was a couple of cars who both wanted the same spot on the road, and of course in front of me. I finally made it over to the VA Mission office, and then found out it was the "other" Mission office, that I typically don't go to (went there three times with Jason, so I knew where it was). I hurried over (safely) and finally got a break. Normally if you miss one of those appointments you have to reschedule and you don't get in for another two months or so. This time, however, I was able to see the doctor, and then found out that I ultimately needed to get over to La Jolla, VA Medical Center. Once I got past all that the day did seem to go a little more smoothly. I got all the tests completed and they were able to draw the blood with only a few sticks.

The rest of the day was much more relaxed and things kind of fell in to place, like a normal day, and it ended on a very nice evening. We had dinner and Linda gave the girls a bath. I asked them if they wanted me to tell them a story or read to them, and they chose tell a story. They wanted to hear a story about Tinkerbell  and her battles with the Pirate Fairy. I just put a few ideas together and made up the story and I think Stacy really enjoyed the way it ended up with the Pirate Fairy becoming a friend. Jackie just likes hearing the stories and will sometimes ask for me to through in a few characters she likes to make up. It can be a challenge but at least it shows she listens, some.

The story was over and the girls were in bed. I finally got back to the computer and finished the software install and went through my email. Tomorrow should be a little easier day, though I always know things can turn quickly. Thank you, for all the continued prayers and support. Take care and stay positive.

Comments

January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

10 Alive Day (10 Years after the blast)

April 29, 2018