April 8, 2014

Today sure didn't turn out like I had thought it was going to. The girls were up and ready to go, and breakfast was pretty much "normal." Stacy and I had time to walk to her pre-school, and though Jackie was a little cranky, she stayed back at the house with Grandma. I guess about that time is when I noticed a little change in Jackie's attitude and demeanor (more on that in a little bit).  I had planned on going for a bike ride this morning, just as soon as the girls were off, and I had taken care of a couple of errands. The biggest errand was finding a place for the cats to stay, while we continue to be with Jason, and we wait for his new house to be built. From what we have been told it is probably going to take the rest of the year to get this accomplished, so we remain optimistic that it is going to happen.

The "finding" of a place is being done through another support organization, that we have recently learned about, and they are known as DoD, or Dogs on Deployment. They help military families deal with finding temporary homes for their pets, while the owner is in a position that prevents them from keeping the animals with them (website: www.dogsondeployment.org to learn more). Anyway, everything was finally put together on their website, and today we have received about a half dozen emails asking about helping us out. We have to go through these to find out where the best place is, for the cats, and we would like to be able to get this accomplished in less than a week.

While going through this activity we received a call from the CDC (Child Development Center) that Jackie was complaining about her ear. Linda went to go pick her up from the CDC and I stayed back to fix lunch for Jason and I. When they returned to the house, Jackie seemed to be okay, and since she had lunch at the CDC we said to her that she needed to still lay down for her nap. As it turned out, all she did was sit in her bed and played for a while, then she started to cry and again, complain about her right ear. This time Jason didn't wait, he just called the doctor and made an appointment. Since Linda had been there previously, she said she would take Jackie to the doctor, and about the same time I had to head over to pick up Anthony Netto, at the airport, because I told him I'd do it, and he had left his vehicle with me. The problem was that I had Wednesday in my head, and thought he wasn't going to be coming in until tomorrow. Fortunately the airport is only a couple of minutes away, so it was a quick turn around.

Actually, when Anthony and I got back to the house he came in to visit with Jason for a little while, and it was good for Jason. By the time Linda had returned from the doctor appointment for Jackie I was off picking up Stacy from her school, and also from going to pick up Jackie's meds. Jackie has an ear infection and she is very uncomfortable - probably why she was a little "different" this morning. Well, we made it through the rest of the day, Stacy was dancing about the house and singing her favorite songs from the movie "Frozen"; Jackie was feeling much better, though she will be taking antibiotics for a week; and, oh, yes, I almost forgot... I had to take Mr. Jingles, Jason's pet rat, to the vet for a visit because he has developed a couple of small soars on his feet. Now Mr. Jingles is on antibiotics, also. Well, that sort of explains why I didn't get my bike ride in... perhaps I can find some time tomorrow. Thank you, for all the continued support and prayers. Take care and stay positive.

Comments

  1. Praying that Jackie's ear infection goes away quickly!
    Isaiah 49:13-16a Sing, O heavens; and be joyful, O earth; and break forth into singing, O mountains: for the LORD hath comforted his people, and will have mercy upon his afflicted. But Zion said, The LORD hath forsaken me, and my Lord hath forgotten me. Can a woman forget her sucking child, that she should not have compassion on the son of her womb? yea, they may forget, yet will I not forget thee. Behold, I have graven thee upon the palms of my hands...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

10 Alive Day (10 Years after the blast)