April 20, 2014

Happy Easter!

We started the morning with two very excited little girls, who were anxious to see what was going to be happening today. We had a great breakfast, courtesy of Linda, and then we had to rush to get ready for church. We'd lost track of the time and neither of us had even started to get dressed, let alone getting the girls ready. Anyway, we got the girls to their Sunday school classes and then went and enjoyed the rest of the time, until service was over. Then we had to get over to pick up the girls and get back to the house, as Sean (or I should say, Uncle Sean) was setting up for the egg hunt.

We got back to the house and the girls immediately ran to the backyard and looked through the window. First thing Stacy said was, "I can see the eggs!" We still had to get them prepared for the egg gathering fun and once that was done they were out the door. Stacy did collect more than Jackie, though I think she held her own pretty well. Both of their "baskets" (actually two buckets) were full and they were very excited to have been able to have that much fun.

Shortly after the egg hunt, and examining all the eggs (they were plastic eggs, with each one of them containing a surprise), we made lunch. After this the girls went down for their nap and I did Jason's dressing change. The opportunity was good, in that his wounds are looking really good, with the biggest challenge right now being his ability to sit up. He attempted to do so, before we came back from church, and it was still too painful, so we're just going to have to wait a bit longer. We'll be speaking with the doctors next week to see what they can come up with, as a possible solution.

Sean had to leave at about 18:00 (6pm), to catch his flight, and we'll miss having him around. He continues to amaze us with his point of view, and of all the boys, he is the one who has demonstrated the greatest generational difference from us. What he enjoys doing and has his focus is very typical of his generation, and of those who are single. He does have a great discipline of keeping his finances in better order now, and is working very hard at getting all his bills taken care of, including his student loan - and that we're grateful for. Anyway, he might be able to get back down in another month or so, and that will be good.

As a side note - I decided to post a picture of me, at my laptop, showing what it typically looks like when I update my blog... and some of the Easter pictures. Thank you, for all the continued support and prayers. Take care and stay positive.







Comments

  1. Know that I'm here praying!
    Revelation 21:1-4 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea. And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God. And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures!! Prettiest Easter dresses EVER!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And yes, I loved the photos!
    Our Savior is saying these words. Always praying so very hard!
    Revelation 21:5-7 And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful. And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely. He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

10 Alive Day (10 Years after the blast)