April 25, 2014

Today was a special day for the Ross family, here in San Diego. It started out with Linda and I getting up and putting together a nice healthy breakfast of yogurt and apples, and it was really good. Linda actually got out on the elliptical prior to breakfast and she continues to increase her time. I'm doing my best to monitor her, as I don't want her to do too much, too quickly. Bottom line is that she worked up a pretty good sweat (I know, women glow, men sweat) and I was very happy and proud with her progress.  Once she was done with that, it was my turn to get out and do something, and so I went for 21+ mile bike ride. I worked up a good sweat, too. Actually, the ride took me past a Togos (I think there are only four of them in San Diego), so I stopped and picked up sandwiches for lunch, since it was now getting close.

Jason wanted a roast beef, large and Linda and I had our small sandwiches (I had a #9 and Linda had #5). The real interesting thing was that as I got back to the house I took the sandwiches in and delivered Jason's to him, in his bed and Linda and I sat down and had ours. So far it was beginning to look like a pretty normal Friday for us. Then... Jason came out of his room, in his chair and said he wanted to take a shower, just like it was before the surgery. Linda and I stood there for a few moments and then started to get all excited and took a couple of pictures. Actually we had asked Jason if we could take pictures and he said he would rather not, so for right now I am not going to post them, until he says its okay. It was really great to see him up and moving again, and he said the discomfort was manageable, at least for a few minutes and he wanted to take a shower.

After the shower he was feeling MUCH better and he even looked better. I changed the dressings on his wounds and they all looked great. I would guess that it won't be too long until he has no more areas to worry about, at least for right now. As he regains the ability to stay in his chair we will be getting out of the house and actually doing more. The Marines even brought over another van for our use, so we have the means to get more mobility. My guess is that in another week or two we'll attempt taking Gracie to her and Jason's training sessions, but then again I may be getting a little over anxious.

A little while later we received another little surprise. The girls were brought over, to spend the night and all Saturday with us. This means we can take them to church on Sunday, before they head back home. We will then get them again on Monday. I fixed Salmon with rice and vegetables, and the girls loved it. Linda also had some peaches sliced up for them, as sort of a little dessert. I was actually surprised with Stacy eating more than Jackie tonight, as usually it is the other way around.

Finally we all watched a little of the movie "Frozen" (we've only seen it about a dozen times now) then the girls got board and took off to do other things. This was okay with us, as we prefer they use their minds and imagination with creative play. Jackie loves puzzles and Stacy likes to do all kinds of stuff, especially showing her creative side. It is always great to have the girls here, so it has been a great day.  Thank you, for all the continued support and prayers. Take care and stay positive.

Comments

  1. This is really exciting news!
    Praying right now!
    Psalms 40:16-17 Let all those that seek thee rejoice and be glad in thee: let such as love thy salvation say continually, The LORD be magnified. But I am poor and needy; yet the Lord thinketh upon me: thou art my help and my deliverer; make no tarrying, O my God.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

10 Alive Day (10 Years after the blast)