November 22, 2014

There are just far too many ways of communicating today, and then trying to tie them all together makes it even that much more difficult sometimes. I do my best to keep up on my email accounts, and occasionally put posts out on Face Book, and even get comments back. My favorite spot though is right here on my blog.

Got up this morning and decided to go for another bike ride and got in a bit over 16 miles. I think I might have gone farther if I hadn't been thinking about all the stuff I wanted to get done. That's when riding is the most difficult. I start thinking about all the things I'd like to get done and then I start to think about how much time I am using to ride, and it spirals down from there. The good thing though is that my rides are beginning to become more consistently over 15 miles, and I'd like to build them up to over 20 - I just need to keep riding.

We had some visitors today, Dan Figlenski and his two daughters Zoey and Faith. Unfortunately his wife, Jessica, was not able to come, so we'll just have to wait for the next opportunity. We did get some pictures (see below) and I even managed to get in (I took the picture that had Dan in it, and he took the picture with me).  I did forget to mention yesterday that I had another surprise, and that was a call from Bob West. We hadn't talked in over a year, and it was really good to hear his voice. He sounds like he is doing well, and we set some tentative plans to get together, as long as things don't get too crazy and prevent it from happening.

Tomorrow we'll be heading up to North Ridge, to participate in the Gary Sinise Golf tournament, and we're all looking forward to that. We'll be riding up in the new van, and that will kind of be the maiden voyage for  the van. From the short rides we've taken so far it seems to ride pretty well, so I think it will be a good trip. We'll be gone for a couple of days and we'll have the girls with us, and that should make it all the more fun. It is a continuation of the busy month of November, and If I recall clearly, last November was a busy month as well. I guess one crazy month a year is alright, and it might as well be this one. Thank you, for all the continued support and prayers. Take care and stay positive.




Comments

  1. Great photos! Hope you had a great day today!
    Praying hard as always!
    Ephesians 3:14-21 For this cause I bow my knees unto the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, Of whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named, That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man; That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love, May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height; And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God. Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us, Unto him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end. Amen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope all's going well.
    True peace comes only from the Lord. Praying right now!
    Romans 5:1-4 Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ: By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God. And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience; And patience, experience; and experience, hope.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Know that you're in my thoughts and prayers!
    Romans 5:6-9 For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly. For scarcely for a righteous man will one die: yet peradventure for a good man some would even dare to die. But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

10 Alive Day (10 Years after the blast)