November 10, 2014

Today was a very nice day, and a nice follow up to yesterday. Both days we focused on getting a few things done around the house and doing some basic straightening up, and just relaxing. I did get to see the 49er game, against the Saints, and that was generally a good game, with the first half going to the Niners and the second half going to the Saints. Problem for the Saints was that the Niners did just enough to get it to overtime, and then they won the game. They have a history of winning overtime games.

This time of year there is a great deal more activities going on, and we get invited to participate in more functions. This is good, as it keeps us busy, and it also has its challenges since we have to still take care of other things as well, and maintain a calendar so that we don't double book on things, nor do we over do it for Jason and mess up with his healing. We've been invited to a couple of dinners, and also to a golfing event, fortunately all the events are relatively close by, so we don't have to do any significant traveling.

We also found out today that Jason's house is making some progress in the planning and permitting stages. It looks like we should be ground breaking sometime around the end of January, so that will be a great event, and you can be sure I'll be taking pictures. Between now and then there are two other things going on, and those are Thanksgiving and Christmas (Well, New Year Day is pretty big too, I guess - I plan on relaxing). Thanksgiving we will be going up to our son's for a big gathering, and then Christmas will be spent here - or at least that is the plan right now. Helping to make that a more comfortable time I also found out that the new van SHOULD be ready before Thanksgiving. If it is, travel will be much more comfortable for us. We'll just need to get a trailer to haul around Jason's Paramobile (it will fit in the truck, but will have to be in a trailer for the van).

I have mentioned in the past that Linda and I have lost a little weight, and when we went up to Julian we seemed to have found some of it - or at least I did. I've started riding again, and hope to loose it all again, and another 5 pounds before Thanksgiving. My biggest challenge is I love to snack, and snack food usually has high levels of sodium. I am so proud of Linda and her determination, it helps me to maintain my focus also. Tomorrow, since we have the girls again, we will be going to the zoo. The girls don't have school, and Linda and I want to get over there again. I don't think Jason is going to want to go this time, and that's okay. Thank you, for all the continued support and prayers. Take care and stay positive.

Comments

  1. Know that you're in my prayers!
    Philippians 4:8-9 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. Those things, which ye have both learned, and received, and heard, and seen in me, do: and the God of peace shall be with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying as always!
    Psalms 73:23-26 Nevertheless I am continually with thee: thou hast holden me by my right hand. Thou shalt guide me with thy counsel, and afterward receive me to glory. Whom have I in heaven but thee? and there is none upon earth that I desire beside thee. My flesh and my heart faileth: but God is the strength of my heart, and my portion for ever.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

10 Alive Day (10 Years after the blast)