November 18, 2014

A big portion of the day, today, was spent driving. Funny thing is, as we were driving we were having one of the best "family" discussions we have had in a long time. Jason was very engaged with the talk, and at times it was mostly between Jason and Linda. It was a time for all of us to just talk about anything that was on our mind, and not focused on anything in particular. We were in the van for nearly five hours today, so that's why we had so much time. The reason we were in the car for so much time was because we first drove up to the Gary Sinise Foundation, and then after that visit we drove back down here to San Diego... and like I said, it was about five hours total as traffic really wasn't too bad, though it did slow up in a couple places.

We had a great visit with the Gary Sinise Foundation, and it was fun to get a chance to see the new facilities. I guess they've been there for a few months now, and we didn't ever make it up to their previous facility, but that's okay, we know where they are now. I guess the biggest surprise was that we were able to meet with Gary Sinise, himself, while we were there. We didn't know he was going to be there when we scheduled the visit, so that just made it that much better. Gary took us into his office and we sat down for about 30 minutes or more and just talked in a relaxed environment. We learned a little more about his family history and he got to learn a little more about ours. About the only thing that we didn't do was to take pictures. It was one of those times when we simply enjoyed being with the people and taking a picture didn't pop into my head until we had already left.

Stephanie Lanier, from the Foundation, took us to lunch, along with another of their team (I'm embarrassed to admit I don't remember her name - I'm really bad about names). The lunch was very nice and also relaxed. It was fun just sitting around and talking and finding out some of the future plans that they're thinking about and they continue to amaze us with all the focus they are able to show us, as well as all the others they are helping. The Foundation is growing more and more every day, and they find new ways of helping people all the time.

The drive home was really uneventful, and that's the way I like it. There was traffic the entire way, though our speed was generally pretty close to the limit most of the time, or maybe a little over. I will be posting some of the pictures, once we have a chance to sit down and pick out some good ones we want to share. Thank you, for all the continued support and prayers. Take care and stay positive.

Comments

  1. Glad you were able to meet with Gary Sinise. He seems like such an amazing man! Still upset that CSI:NY just disappeared!
    The Lord will be with you always. Praying right now!
    Deuteronomy 31:6, 8 Be strong and of a good courage, fear not, nor be afraid of them: for the LORD thy God, he it is that doth go with thee; he will not fail thee, nor forsake thee. (8) And the LORD, he it is that doth go before thee; he will be with thee, he will not fail thee, neither forsake thee: fear not, neither be dismayed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying hard right now!
    Psalms 18:2-6 The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower. I will call upon the LORD, who is worthy to be praised: so shall I be saved from mine enemies. The sorrows of death compassed me, and the floods of ungodly men made me afraid. The sorrows of hell compassed me about: the snares of death prevented me. In my distress I called upon the LORD, and cried unto my God: he heard my voice out of his temple, and my cry came before him, even into his ears.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

10 Alive Day (10 Years after the blast)