November 27, 2014 - Happy Thanksgiving

Today is a day that you're supposed to reflect back on the past year (and maybe farther) and think about what it is you're grateful for, and I can honestly say there are many, many things I am grateful for. On the top of that list is my wife and family. I wouldn't be anything without them. We have had our challenges and some of those have been great, indeed, however the blessings continue to out shine and support where ever and whenever I need it.

We had a great Thanksgiving with our son David, and his family, and it was over at his mother-in-law's home, along with Miriam's mother, brother and sister. There were others there as well, close friends and some new ones who all made it that much better.  Jason was also able to enjoy the visit as we put together a means for him to get into the house (there are steps all around the house), and he was able to just roll on in, with a little help from David. The drive down this morning was one of the easiest drives I've ever done, between San Diego and Los Angeles, and I've done several. We even stopped along the way and had breakfast with Linda's parents, Joe and Jess, and that made the start of Thanksgiving all the more special. It was great seeing them and getting a chance to sit down and have a conversation with them. It is another thing I am grateful for, having great parents we can always call on.

I got to speak with our other son George, who had to work today, as he works retail. He was still able to enjoy the blessings of the day, in his own way and was happy. I didn't get in touch with Sean, our youngest son, though messages were left. Sean also works retail and no doubt worked today, and I hope he had a great Thanksgiving. The other person I was able to speak with was my brother Bruce, he was enjoying his Thanksgiving with Sharron, his wife, back in West Virginia. He sounded good and we had a great conversation.

There are plenty of things to be thankful for, and I'm happy about that. Thank you, for all the continued support and prayers. Take care and stay positive.

Comments

  1. Sounds like you had a great day!
    The only true hope comes from the Lord! Praying!
    Romans 15:4, 13 For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope. (13) Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that ye may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

10 Alive Day (10 Years after the blast)