November 8, 2014

I began the day with a nice bike ride of 19 miles, and it was just what I needed to get the legs loosened up. All the hiking we did up in Julian caused me to have stiff calf muscles and after the bike ride I actually felt pretty good. Funny thing though, there apparently was an event going on this morning, down on the harbor area, and that is part of where I rode. It was quite busy with people and bicycles all over the place, and I was constantly yelling out, "On your left!" and sometimes, "On your right!" Depending on where they were. Some of them even thanked me, and that's a good thing.

After the ride I came back to the house, and Linda was up and ready to head off to her Blue Star Mom meeting. She slept in a little, as she started the day off a little on the shaky side. I guess the extra napping helped, she seemed to feel much better when I got back, and she was leaving. Linda was gone for most of the day, taking care of errands and personal business.

Jason and I had a few chores to do, and we had some running around to get taken care of, and then we came back to the house. He had been preparing some chicken so he could cook it today, and he did. I'm not really sure what to call it, other than pieces of chicken. They were a little on the spicy side, but not too much; and, the marination process he used seemed to really keep them moist. Once he was done cooking, he and I had a bunch of them. I thought they were the best chicken nuggets I have ever had, and they were also the biggest. Jason said he would probably do it again sometime, and I am very much supportive of that idea.

The evening came along with a nice dinner. We were invited to the Nice Guys annual Nice Guy of The Year dinner. It is a formal affair and everybody that came was dressed very nicely. Even Jason had on his tux... and he looked pretty sharp. The event was to honor T. Denny Sanford, as he has given away over a billion dollars to hospitals and other charity functions. He owns a couple of companies, and they are doing quite well, so his stated goal of being broke when he dies is going to be a challenge, and he seems to enjoy that challenge. It was the first Nice Guys major event, for us and it was quite nice. Perhaps we will be invited again next year - and then they can have a second chance of saying Jason's name correctly. He was introduced as John Ross, and we had a nice laugh over that. We didn't stay past 21:30 (9:30pm), as Jason wanted to get back out of the chair, and on top of that I was getting tired. We came home and I changed his wound dressings. I am very pleased with how this new seat cushion really seems to be helping out. I just hope it continues.

Not sure what we will be doing tomorrow, so my guess would be to suggest we're not going to be doing much of anything. Thank you, for all your continued support and prayers. Take care and stay positive.

Comments

  1. As a walker I'm always very thankful when bikers warn me they're coming. I was out on a longer stretch where lots of bikers ride, too and even heard one say "walker ahead!" I appreciated that, too! Never want to get run over by a bike!
    Praying right now!
    Philippians 3:9-11 And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith: That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death; If by any means I might attain unto the resurrection of the dead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Continuing to lift up prayers.
    Philippians 4:6-7 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

10 Alive Day (10 Years after the blast)