November 11, 2014

Happy Veterans Day to you, one and all. It is something that all veterans think about, though some do more than others. What I hope, is that people will think about is being offered by these men and women who serve, and do it because they believe it is what is needed, and asked of them. My dad was a WWII veteran of the Navy... I am a veteran of the Viet Nam era Air Force... and Jason is a U.S. Marine, of the Afghanistan era force. I have other family members who have served, far too many to list here, though I can provide them with a little recognition. To all those who serve and served - Thank you, we as a country owe you a great deal.

Today we took the girls to the zoo and had a great time. Jackie is still very much a typical four year old, and after a few hours ran out of energy. Actually, her timing was pretty good as I don't think we could have taken the crowds much longer anyway. The zoo was pretty busy, and we enjoyed every minute of it. When we first got there we went over to the bus tour and there was a woman at the entrance. I don't think she was actually working the entrance spot, but I thought I recognized her. I asked how long she had been working at the zoo, and since she replied many years I asked if she new David (our son), and she did. David worked at the zoo as a tour bus driver while he attended UCSD.  It amazes me how much of a positive impact he had on those who got to work with him.  We talked for a few minutes, and then got on the bus.

We stayed at the zoo for a few hours and even got to see the tiger, as he was feeling playful, so that was pretty cool. The girls thought it was exciting also. I am so glad that we were able to get those memberships at the first of the year... well spent money by Jason. We came back to the house and shortly after getting home the girls took a nap - I had a few too many things to do, otherwise I would have taken a nap as well.

The rest of the day was spent catching up on my email, and other things, and making sure we are ready to head up to Pepperdine University tomorrow. The Gary Sinise Foundation has invited us to come have a dinner with them, and to see what is going on, at Pepperdine. Tomorrow we basically just get up and pack, and do our best to get ready to get going. Thank you, for all your continued support. Take care and stay positive.

Comments

  1. Was thinking about your family yesterday and the huge sacrifices you continue to make!
    Lifting up prayer!
    Psalms 56:3-4, 13 What time I am afraid, I will trust in thee. In God I will praise his word, in God I have put my trust; I will not fear what flesh can do unto me...For thou hast delivered my soul from death: wilt not thou deliver my feet from falling, that I may walk before God in the light of the living?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Continuing to lift up prayer!
    Psalms 130:1-2, 5-7 Out of the depths have I cried unto thee, O LORD. Lord, hear my voice: let thine ears be attentive to the voice of my supplications (5-7) I wait for the LORD, my soul doth wait, and in his word do I hope. My soul waiteth for the Lord more than they that watch for the morning: I say, more than they that watch for the morning. Let Israel hope in the LORD: for with the LORD there is mercy, and with him is plenteous redemption.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

10 Alive Day (10 Years after the blast)