November 19, 2014

You know, sometimes things get going so fast that I loose track of the days, and suddenly the week is gone. Like today, I had to look at a calendar three times before I accepted the fact that it was Wednesday. On top of that we're headed back up to Los Angeles (up by North Ridge) again, to be a part of a golf tournament, and then later in the week we are going to be going to our son David's mother-in-law's place to enjoy a Thanksgiving dinner. I think that will be the last of the trips to Los Angeles, at least for a little while. One of the things that make this next trip kind of special is that we are going to be heading up there in Jason's new van - it looks like it is finally going to be completed.

There were appointments today, at Balboa, and then Tae (her actual name is Octavia, we just know her as Tae) Harris took us to lunch. Basically, she wanted to catch up with the two of us and to talk about the Wounded Warrior Med Conference coming up on December 4. Jason, Linda and I have been asked to speak, along with one other Wounded Warrior. It should be fun and the support it generates for other patients is going to be truly valuable. Most of the folks at the conference will be in the medical field, and we hope others attend as well. Linda and Tae will be going to lunch separately, and I think they're both looking at it as a "girls afternoon out."

Jason and I went over to the Ability Center, to check out the progress on his new van, and they are just about finished with it. Being able to finally pick up the van is going to be wonderful, and besides I think the folks back at the Wounded Warrior Battalion would like to get their Semper Fi Van back. We've had that van for the better part of three years and we have put most of the miles on the van.

Linda and I finally went to see a movie - Interstellar - and we both thought it was good, but not a great movie. It presented some interesting ideas - that I hope never come to pass - and the special affects were very good. It also had some big names in the movie, and I think I'll stop at this point, to make sure I don't spoil it for anyone who might want to see it. After the movie we went over to Costco and picked up a few things, and then came home. The rest of the evening was basically just relaxed, and doing nothing. I promised some pictures from the past couple of days, so here it is. Thank you, for all the continued support and prayers. Take care and stay positive.





Comments

  1. Dear Ross Family,

    My husband and I had the most humbling and inspirational blessing of getting to briefly meet Jason & Gracie yesterday while in the waiting room in one of the departments at NMCSD "Balboa" yesterday. We send you our warmest wishes for a happy holiday season, and we will include Jason & your family in our prayers for the years to come.

    All our best,
    Meg & Capt. Brett Abbamonte, USMC

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

10 Alive Day (10 Years after the blast)