November 20, 2014

Good day around here, and we even had some rain... not much, but at least we had some.

I got up and went for a bike ride. It was nice out, though a little cooler than normal (probably down to the low 50's or something). All it did was cause me to decide to put on a t-shirt underneath my otherwise single layered top. After I was out on the street, Linda was up and exercising too, and Jason was playing his video games, and enjoying himself. Of course, before I left he made sure to let me know that he had an appointment, so that I wouldn't go for one of my longer rides.

I got back and chalked up a 13.5 mile ride - took me an hour to do, so I didn't think that was too bad. I had to deal with some commute traffic and a few stop lights. Linda was just finishing her work out and Jason was ready to get his shower in, so that we could get going to his appointment. The appointment was with the urology doctor at the VA. We managed to get in and get seen in a short period of time, and that was a very good thing. I went in with Jason and the doctor's name was... (are you ready)... Jason, Dr. Jason Woo. Seemed like a very nice and intelligent kind of guy and I could tell that he had a great deal of respect for Jason. They talked about what Jason wanted to have done, and it was determined that Jason would continue to see the folks at Balboa, at least for now. We finished up and headed back to the house, and about an hour after leaving the house we returned. I was totally impressed with how fast it went.

The rest of the day was pretty relaxed and not really a great deal of things to be done. Of course we had a friend coming over this afternoon - Chris Greenlaw (see photo below). Before Chris got here there were a couple of other things we needed to take care of. Linda was going to a meeting with Joselyn and I had an appointment with the VA, for the Caregivers, up in Oceanside. Linda took off for her meeting and I took off for mine a little while later. When I arrived at the VA, in Oceanside, I asked where the meeting was, so I walked over to conference room A. There was a nice little sign on the door - "Sorry, the meeting is cancelled - Rescheduled to December 18."  It also said there was some sort of emergency, and that they hoped we didn't have too much inconvenience. I turned around and went back home; heck I don't mind driving 1 1/2 hours just to do nothing.

When I got home there wasn't much going on, so I went up to the computer and checked my email, and then in a few minutes Linda came walking through the door with Chris. It has been months since we've had a chance to see her, and on top of that she was bringing a gift from a mutual friend. Okada-san, a fellow Boy Scouter, only in Japan, had sent over a nice gift for me, so that was pretty cool. We all had a great time visiting and catching up on what they're doing, as well as telling her what we're doing. Finally we went to dinner and then Chris had to get going. She was down visiting her son, Craig, and his family, and we'd already kept her out later than we should have, but it was so good to see her. Thank you, for all the continued prayers and support. Take care and stay positive.


  1. They couldn't have called you to let you know the meeting was cancelled before you drove all that way?
    Keep your eyes on the Lord! Praying!
    Psalms 18:30-32 As for God, his way is perfect: the word of the LORD is tried: he is a buckler to all those that trust in him. For who is God save the LORD? or who is a rock save our God? It is God that girdeth me with strength, and maketh my way perfect.


Post a Comment

January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

September 12, 2012 Blog post 525 (for those keeping score)

May 6, 2014