November 5, 2014

Today was a little different, in that we had a visit from Brian, from the VA, who was here to evaluate me, the environment, Jason and even Linda, to make sure he was in fact getting good care and that we should be a part of their program. I know it sounds kind of strange, considering how long I have been taking care of Jason, but it is a process that is required, and besides, Brian was a great guy to talk with, and he had lots of great information for us. He is also still an active reservist so there is that military connection and I think Jason liked that. When he initially got there he said it was going to be a 2-hour visit/evaluation, but he and Jason were having such a good time it went to almost 3-hours, and that made him late for his next appointment. Otherwise, we passed just fine.

After Brian left Linda and I went into overdrive to get everything packed up and still get Jason fed, as we were leaving for Julian (that's where we are right now - Linda is enjoying a hot bath for a change) just as soon as we could get everything packed and in the car. We left at almost exactly 14:30 (2:30pm) and headed East and then North. It didn't take very long to get to the Inn, and it is great. The get away is a gift from the EOD Warrior Foundation, and it is much appreciated by both of us, and I think Jason, too.

Linda and I walked a little bit, around the town and had a nice simple dinner. We also got to know the Inn person (not sure what her official title is) who checked us in. She talked with us for about an hour and we were the only ones taking advantage of their evening snacks. Linda and I also sat out on the patio for a little while and enjoyed just watching the stars, as the atmosphere is wonderfully clear us here (I think we're sitting at about 4200 feet). There are a bunch of historical things to look at and we plan to do that tomorrow. Thank you, for all the continued support and prayers. Take care and stay positive.


Comments

  1. Assumed you wouldn't be on here while you were out of town. Enjoy yourselves!!!!!!!!!!!
    True hope is in the Lord! Praying!
    Lamentations 3:21-26 This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope. It is of the LORD'S mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness. The LORD is my portion, saith my soul; therefore will I hope in him. The LORD is good unto them that wait for him, to the soul that seeketh him. It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the LORD.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Call upon the Lord! He hears! He answers according to His Will. Praying as always!
    Lamentations 3:55-58 I called upon thy name, O LORD, out of the low dungeon. Thou hast heard my voice: hide not thine ear at my breathing, at my cry. Thou drewest near in the day that I called upon thee: thou saidst, Fear not. O Lord, thou hast pleaded the causes of my soul; thou hast redeemed my life.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

10 Alive Day (10 Years after the blast)